The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » No ID (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Hey guys . . .

I just got a peek at some new material from Josh Zandman. All I can say is, Wow!

The routine in question, "No ID" is an invisible deck routine with a normal deck.
To be more clear, the effect is a thought of card becoming reversed in a normal pack while in the spectator's hands.

The work is soooooo simple; something that I have come to love and appreciate in Josh's work. No sleights are involved, leaving you free to work on a solid presentation.

Also, our buddy Josh is working on a book that will include 5 or 6 pieces of solid, audience tested and devastating effects. I've got my eye on this cat! I expect to see more great things from him soon.

Best,
Jerome Finley; author "Cloud Busting: The Inside Secrets"
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I agree with you Jerome,
Josh's stuff is simple to the point and stunning.

No ID is a great little killer with cards to throw in a larger routine.

I am excited to see his new book. I always use Josh's IBT when I need an impromptu booktest.

Hurry Josh!!!!
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
I have got to agree with Jerome and James here. Josh has a knack for coming up with great, simple ideas that hit hard. I am looking forward to his latest release.

Great stuff, Josh!

-KM
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
He's just a machine, isn't he!? I mean, IBT came out not-so-long ago, and he's already released his time travel effect. And now it looks like he's got something killer about to come out AS WELL AS a book? (Or is NO ID in the book?)

Sounds very interesting. I love IBT, and this sounds really cool too.
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
You guys rock, thanks!

Here is what I love about this effect: The performer hardly even touches the cards. All the work is done by the participant and in their hands. Plus they are the ones who find their card in the deck reversed, not the performer. You can perform this anywhere at anytime and the reactions you will get are amazing. I can humbly say this is becoming my favorite walk around effect to perform. I now carry a deck of cards around with me and I don't even like card tricks.

This will be part of my new book of walk around mentalism.

JZ
AJX
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of AJX
I am like Pinnochio trying to do brain surgery when it comes to handling cards. Does one require more in the way of dexterity?
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
Sounds really good, Josh!

What are some of your other effects that will be included in this book? Can't wait for the release!

Mike
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
Quote:
On 2007-04-23 03:09, AJX wrote:
I am like Pinnochio trying to do brain surgery when it comes to handling cards. Does one require more in the way of dexterity?

LOL love that analogy. There is no sleight of hand needed at all to make their card reverse in the deck. It all happenes in their hands.

Thanks Mike, I will release a brief run-down of the effects when I get close to releasing it. Not sure when that will be.

JZ
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Just recieved the PDF, however, it is a blank document. Anyone else with the same problem?
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
HI Pegasus, I just sent you the PDF again along with the Word Doc from my AOL address. Please let me know you got it. Thanks!

Best,

JZ
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
Sounds good, I'll be waiting!

Mike
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
I got this today. It's not quite what I was hoping for, but I'll have to try it out. It's a little misleading in that I thought it was going to be a bit of mentalism when it's really more like a magic trick. Jerome's description made it sound like the spectator could just think of a card, when it's not quite the case. I won't say any more about the routine according to Mr. Zandman's request. I was really impressed with IBT, but I'm not so blown away by this. To each his own.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
My apologies Andini. I want to be as clear as I can with my descriptions of a routine or effect.

The card is not just thought of (as in a Mind Power deck fashion), but it is the effect my spectator's have been left with because of my framing and presentation.

Also, I should add (in all fairness) that this comes very close to mental magic. Back to the Future is another example of mental magic, and I consider neither pure mentalism.

Best,
Jerome.
Merlin C
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of Merlin C
I suspect your definitions of mentalism and mental magic aren't the same as if you limited mentalism to ESP and particular well-known kinds of telekinesis.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Come again?

My definitions of mentalism and mental magic are quite different - and though this can be framed in a way so as to lend the appearance of mind reading and affecting inanimate objects, this still (for me) falls in the mental magic category.

Josh knows what I think of his work. It's not a dig at him or his material, but I want to be as clear and honest as possible. I don't know anyone right now who would consider this pure mentalism. It has a magical slant.

-J.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
I love when people disagree with both views.

On some hand, Jerome has been misleading... on the other hand this is pure Mentalism and he is wrong when he calls it mental magic...

Ah, the power of paradoxes! Smile

Now, I must tell you that Jerome performed it for me on the phone. Yes, I needed the deck. But was one of my decks.

I took the deck and shuffled it.

Then I dealt the first 5 cards off the top of the deck, face up. Jerome told me to think only one of them... and first the color, BLACK, then the fact I was not thinking a FIGURE (he was right!) and then he told me the suit... SPADE!...

Then he asked me - "Aren't you looking now at the 9 Of Spades?"

I had a hard time to figure that out and told Jerome not to tell me!

Then, the morning after, I tried many different ideas... and I got it!

Brilliant!

Now, I thought THAT was the NO ID... but, obviously, from Andini remarks, it cannot be.

That or Andini does not know a GREAT effect when he sees one!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Paolo,
Yes, that was my own routine, and we have talked about it since. It can be done without cards, but this was NOT Josh's "NO ID" routine, to be clear.

With Josh's new tidbit, I have been using the method I used on you with this handling from Josh. I still prefer no cards (in person), or doing it with cards over the telephone.

I did not intend to be misleading. I hope this helps to clear some things up.

Best,
J.
Merlin C
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of Merlin C
Jerome, I mean that different people's understandings of what's 'mentalism' vs 'mental magic' aren't the same, and I don't know exactly what yours (or Paolo's) are. I haven't seen No ID.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Suffice to say, Merlin... that for the moment WHO CARES about the label.

For the moment - All I wrote was that I got this awesome demo from Jerome. I did not know if that was NO ID or not, at the time.

I still don't know NO ID, so I cannot comment.

But, mental magic or not, now I know what Jerome performed to me on the phone was HIS own effect.

Can we now go back to NO ID, please?

And to some better description of the effect?

That is what this thread is for. Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Well said, Paolo.

Yes, the two are COMPLETELY different. What I did for you is mine and has not been released.

If Josh could give a bare bones description of HIS effect, it would be helpful. I tried and failed . . . I should not have spoken about my own routine or my handling for Josh's, as it makes no sense to either Josh or others who are considering his "NO ID" routine. That is my bad Smile

This thread is about Josh and his work, and I agree, we need a better description from someone who has not blurred the lines as I have, albeit un-intentionally.

Keep up the good work, Josh!

-Jerome.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » No ID (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL