The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best Tricks for clever persons? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of tntjr
Quote:
On 2007-04-27 17:17, stoneunhinged wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-04-24 07:38, tntjr wrote:
Intelligent people are like anyone else.

Something isn't quite right with this statement, but I'm a bit too thick to figure out what.

Jeff (counting his toes, of which he has...ten?)

Okay,poorly worded. How about: Mensans (top 2% IQ) like to be entertained, same as anyone else. No one likes to be made to feel stupid.
javier silk
View Profile
New user
Spain
16 Posts

Profile of javier silk
To fool a difficult spectator -a morbid personal pleasure-, in my opinion, you need:

1. A strong trick, such us already mentionned like Out of this world, Galaxy, Shuffle lesson, McDonald Aces, a good Coin Vanish, etc.

2. A trick with a good structure o design (see Tamariz´s Magic way, or Ortiz´Designing miracles). This usually implies the spectator can inspect the material at the beginning or al least at the end.

3. Tricks where spectador do something (even if it inocuous for the result), deciding, cutting, put his hand over, etc.

4. Using mastered techniques that suit your personality and style.

5. A certain charm and charism that involves the spectator and seduce him from the very beginnig, since you introduce the trick or yourself verbally to gain his friendship and attention.

6. Be introduced by something else as a great magicians, creating strong expectaciones. (Not necessary but it may helps:)

And when a difficult person is fooled, I suspect that even if she may be disappointed a little bit, she really enjoys the fact and can feel the magic in a even stronger way than easier people. In my experience, there are many spectator that are difficult, not because they want to catch you, but because they need good impossible and clean magic to enjoy.

Ascanio had an expression which said that a strong mastered trick should be "Hasta para magos", that is say that even if his objective is to fool and delight lay people, it should be good enough to fool and delight other magicians.

Grat magic from Spain.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2124 Posts

Profile of gabelson
I love performing any of the effects utilizing Osterlind's BCS or ODDS for highly intelligent people who are unfamiliar with magic and st***s. They have no logical explanation for what has occured, and based on their expressions, it always looks like it's "hurting" their brains. I'm sorry if that sounds sadistic... but it's actually quite humorous!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best Tricks for clever persons? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL