The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Striped Card Through Case (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

erich_weis
View Profile
New user
Louisville, Ky
65 Posts

Profile of erich_weis
I created this trick a while back and was just wanting to know what you guys think.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac......24463508
"Your entire life can be full of magic, but only a few moments are trully magical. Believe..."
Follow:
Instagram.com/raymondlhayes
Twitter.com/realityofwonder
Facebook.com/realityofwonder
RaymondlHayes.com
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Watched your vid. I thought it was good!!
Just watch how you hold the deck when the (signed) card is initially put in
the deck. The "move" is rather obvious. A downward tilt to hide the thicknes of the deck would help. Other than that the reveleation of the card while the spectator is holding the cased deck was, as I said good!
DP
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I found it a little confusing. In my opinion, I think you overshuffled the cards. I disagree that the move was too obvious as you can easily lead the spectator to think otherwise by verbal misdirection (talking to them to downplay a move causing them to look at you and not the deck). But I do agree you need to hide the thickness a bit more.

I am not to sure about the revealation. It doesn't really seem powerful.

Of course when you put some performance into this trick and make it then, into an effect, things might change.

One mistake I often see magicians do is to move quickly through tricks and effects and speaking a mile a minute. This then becomes confusing, hard to watch and just adds to the challenge of the trick as opposed to the adding to the performance of magic. Pacing and timing is very important in creating the true entertainment potential of magic. If you watch Eugene Berger's material, you'll see he his paced and deliberate. This allows the audience to have time to connect with him and in turn be absorbed in the performance of the story that has a little magic to help illustrate it.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Good trick. A nice kicker at the end would be a nice feature.
P3
practice practice perform.
erich_weis
View Profile
New user
Louisville, Ky
65 Posts

Profile of erich_weis
Thanks for the advice and comments. I did notice I shuffled the deck too much. I do play it up bigger when performing for spectators and slow down a bit. I was just wanting to get the overall plot of the effect down to see what others had to say. I will try to get a video of me performing for real people and put it up. Anyways, thanks for the comments. I appreciate it alot.
"Your entire life can be full of magic, but only a few moments are trully magical. Believe..."
Follow:
RaymondlHayes.com
erich_weis
View Profile
New user
Louisville, Ky
65 Posts

Profile of erich_weis
Thanks for the advice and comments. I did notice I shuffled the deck too much. I do play it up bigger when performing for spectators and slow down a bit. I was just wanting to get the overall plot of the effect down to see what others had to say. I will try to get a video of me performing for real people and put it up. Anyways, thanks for the comments. I appreciate it alot.
Follow:
RaymondlHayes.com
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I think I learned this effect on one of the stars of Magic dvd's a long time ago. It was done with Tally-Hos to conceal the load better. But everyone I showed it to went right for the box. I liked the effect overall, but don't run if you are not being chased. So much shuffling, I thought for sure the card was being controlled.

Regards,
Jeremy Hanrahan
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Striped Card Through Case (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL