The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Cut and Restored IPOD Cord??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
693 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Found this over on wikihow... Just be sure you cut the right loop!!!

http://www.wikihow.com/Do-the-iPod-Cord-Cut-Magic-Trick

sdmagic
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Either that, or your best pair of running shoes!

Mark. Smile
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Why would the cord be in their ear if they were not listening. Cordially, howard
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1165 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Someone on magicvideodepot does a cut and restored microphone lead. At least with that, you are in control of the sound - i.e. you can cut the sound off when you "cut" the wire.
Jolyon Jenkins
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Never dare to dream.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5441 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
In case you're wondering (or interested in supporting creators versus exposure sites), this was originally shown and taught on Andi Gladwin's DVD "The Session 2007," by Noel Qualter.
the bozboz
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of the bozboz
Maybe noel qualter (ipod guy) sold the internet rights to this trick to wikihow? I heard he had been in talks with rapidmagic to syndicate his work but maybe a dealy from wikihow poped up?
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
It gives credit to Andrew Mayne and references his web site
andrewmayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
142 Posts

Profile of andrewmayne
"In case you're wondering (or interested in supporting creators versus exposure sites), this was originally shown and taught on Andi Gladwin's DVD "The Session 2007," by Noel Qualter."

Well, um actually I made this available on my website as a freebie back in 2005. I gave it to WikiHow as a beginner trick after a conversation with them about improperly using propietary material and offered it as a substitute for advanced stuff that shouldn't be on there.

I'm sure Noel came up with it independently. It's kind of an obvious application.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5441 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2007-05-25 14:06, andrewmayne wrote:
I gave it to WikiHow as a beginner trick after a conversation with them about improperly using propietary material and offered it as a substitute for advanced stuff that shouldn't be on there.

Thanks for the clarification, Andrew, and for addressing WikiHow on their questionable posting practices. You are a class act!! Smile
the bozboz
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of the bozboz
I think mayne is now ipod guy and qualter is ipod nano guy.
andrewmayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
142 Posts

Profile of andrewmayne
Can I be the iPhone guy instead?????
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Cutting the microphone cord goes back a loooooooooooooooong way. Best version I've seen is by Gaetan Bloom.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
I also have been using it for a very long time in my CD act. I cut the cord between the two computers to stop the virus from going from one to the other. I also, use Sylevester the Jester gimmick for the sparks. It has helped me win a few contest.

Bairefoot
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Cut and Restored IPOD Cord??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL