The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Help TV magic shop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
534 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
I ordered something from tv magic shop (TVMagic.co.uk) last week and they have yet to deliever it and are not responding to any e-mails I send them. Any advice dudes and crazy cats?
Pete
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Pete,
Did you use a credit card?
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Unfortunately, this kind of poor customer service is all too common.

Not receiving an item after a week is not the least bit surprising. It would actually be rare to receive an item that quickly, as many of these on-line companies don't actually carry inventory, but drop-ship from distributors.

But not responding to emails is, in my mind, a deal breaker. - particularly if that's the only method of contact they provide their customer.

Checking their web site, they seem like a small outfit (unless my first glance is wrong), with just over 100 items listed for sale. So I suspect this is a one-man operation. Likely this person has been unavailable, or is in over his/her head, and just doesn't have very good business sense.

Under "Contact Us", the site only offers an email form, but you might want to dig deeper and find a telephone number to call.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, you can cancel the order if, as Jim inquired, it was done with a Credit Card.
adramindmagic
View Profile
Regular user
East St. Louis
106 Posts

Profile of adramindmagic
I assume customs isn't to blame, unless dropshipping is used.
I love magic!
Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
534 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
Well I'm in the same country as them so customs shouldn't be a problem. I hate not being able to trust those hwo I decide to conduct Business with. I used Paypal. So I think I might contact them and see if I can have a refund of my money. Any idea how I go about that?
Pete
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Pete the merchant can push one button if you used paypal and refund your money.

If they are non-responsive contact paypal and foward your conspondance that has gone unanswered.

-Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
534 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
They have not answered any of my e-mails so I feel forced to take the issue up with paypal. Thank you for your help and I will keep you updated of progress.
Pete
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Celloboy, you can certainly begin the claim process with Paypal. They will begin by trying to initiate communication between you and the seller via email. If this fails to resolve the issue, it gets escalated to a claim. It's a somewhat lengthy process (I can't tell you how many times I've unfortunately been through this with Ebay sellers), So it may take some time... or, hopefully be the catalyst to pressure this person (I still maintain it's likely a one-person operation) into action.

I am curious after seeing the site; did you order an e-book, or was it an item to be shipped?
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Pete,

I have very limited patience with this sort of thing and in all instances using a credit card I defer to them.

They will send out a sheet for you to fill out.
You fill out said sheet and either they (The vendor) give the goods as advertised or you get your cash back.

-JIm
Baggins
View Profile
Regular user
london
148 Posts

Profile of Baggins
Jonathan Goodwin works in the depot some days and you can contact him via myspace. He adds friends quickly so my guess is that this can be resolved quicly.

my best
Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
534 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
I ordered an item to be shipped. It is the Mind Power secrets package. I e-mailed Anthony Owen but to no avail. I am still waiting for any response. I began the claim process and I will be escalating it to a claim if I continue to recieve no response. Maybe the place has been taken over by bob cassidy... lol
Pete
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
There is something to your comment, Celloboy (even though you were kidding).

Finding people with a good balance between creative skills and business acumen is quite rare. For this reason, many creative people with something to offer of real value, fail miserably when they try to take their idea to market. Which speaks to true value of some of the great partnerships in history.

And, the landscape is certainly littered with those who thought running a small on-line business, would be a great way to support their 'real love.' I know of at least a few! In each of these cases, these were by no means, malicious people, but people who got involved in a project that really didn't suit their skills, but "seemed like a good idea at the time," usually because a conversation with a friend - who had business skills, began with the line "You know what you SHOULD do..."

Off topic, yes, somewhat....and it certainly doesn't get you Mind Power, any faster, or your money back, but hopefully worth noting in an effort to offer the benefit of the doubt about intention!

Then again, I could be wrong.
Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
534 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
Point well taken Stan. I agree with you. But I think regardless of if they intended to do people out of money or not they are and that is bad. Besides I don't know their intentions I only know their actions and at the moment they seem dishonourable. I would like to say at this point however that someone with a good balance between creative skills and business acumen is Jim Callahan. Both professional and creative. Long live reputable sellers.
Pete
Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
534 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
For those that helped me I got a refund from the shop and they apologised for the service and explained that their sales manager was on holiday and it had only just been brought to the general manager's attention. They said they would investigate what happened with the order. Thanks for everyones help
Pete
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Help TV magic shop (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL