The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Taste of Criss Angel's new show??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Blah Blah Blah...... He's all camera tricks. We've all said it and ..well.. that's all most of us have seen isn't it ? With the new live show coming up we'll get a chance to see what he is REALLY all about. I found this clip from one of his older live shows and now I REALLY want to see the new live show.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4ZjclGp9qI

Best,

Tim
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
This was taken from an older special / stage show. I can assure you of several factors though. With the genius of Mark Fisher (a total genius designer for stage and concert, can see his work on U2, Rolling Stone's, Peter Gabriel, And many of Cirque's Vegas shows including the Ka Theatre) With the theme-ing of Cirque then his magic & style.... This will definitely be THE PREMIERE event / experience that will most likely revolutionize magic for the stage as we'd seen with Copperfield. I for one cannot wait either. I will keep my feelers out and see if I can get some pics from the venue once its totally finished / installed. Will keep ya'll posted...

The video / Sequence is pretty sweet.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
That was great Tim! I really enjoyed that!
I'm certainly planning a Vegas magic pilgrimage once the new show opens.
lxx_33
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of lxx_33
The Youtube video looks great. Hope CA news items and shows are more camera angel proof. It's nice to see an amazing trick on TV or internet, but it's less nice if all the crowd or most of the crowd is in on it. Or when a selected person is in on it and do a bad hollywood acting.
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
I still think its sad that magicians can build a name and career based on camera tricks and set up crowds. I remember the good old days when you actually had to be 100% talented, spend day after day rehearsing difficult sleights, and actually fool those who cared to watch no matter who they are. Once again, there are so many more magicians out there who deserve there own vegas show based on merit and talent. Times have changed.

My guess is the show will be called Stooges Galore! Will I go see it, sure! Will I leave thinking he is a great magician, doubt it! Entertainer yes, magician no!
Irish_matt
View Profile
Loyal user
St.Louis, MO
204 Posts

Profile of Irish_matt
I totally agree with Ryan. I think this will be an awsome show. I didn't realise Mark Fisher was involved. His stage sets are incredible.. second to none. I was involved on the Tina Turner tour in 1989 that he designed (my band played support for the Irish shows) and I was blown away by the production.

The original Mindfreak stage performances in New York were incredible too. They were unique and inovative magic performances and not stooge filled.. nothing like the A&E shows that he has become known for. Chris Angel got the NY show and ran it for over a year based on talent and merit. There are very few magicians that have been able to sustain a broadway run like his... Doug Henning, Harry Blackstone Jr and I think Copperfield's "Dreams and Nightmares" shows are the only ones in recent memory.

One thing you can guarentee is that it won't be a "roll out the next big box" illusion show that so many performers use today. It will have a look totally unique to itself.. and you can bet that the best magic designers such as Jim Steinmeyer etc will have a heavy presence too.

Remember what happened when Siegfried and Roy got their own showroom to do as they wanted.. they got the best broadway designers and all the usual magic minds together and came up with the Mirage show. I put the Angel show in that catagory.

I think when this sho opens it's going to change an awful lot of peoples minds about Chris Angels talents.

just my two cents.

Matt
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Great clip, and with Johnny Thompson behind him, plus all the techno Vegas can dish out, it should be an interesting show.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
It is going to be a must see experience. Instead of bashing Criss Angel, we should all be greatful that he is keeping the interest in magic alive for the general public as a viable form of entertainment.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
One of my agents phone me yesterday and asked if I saw the CA last show.... He asked me if some of his magic is REAL or he was born with such abilities....

CA and DB they are the two magicians that making people really believe in magic again in our times....
Can't wait for CA show.... It looks great....
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
446 Posts

Profile of freefallillusion1
Quote:
On 2007-04-24 13:32, magicofCurtis wrote:
One of my agents phone me yesterday and asked if I saw the CA last show.... He asked me if some of his magic is REAL or he was born with such abilities....

CA and DB they are the two magicians that making people really believe in magic again in our times....
Can't wait for CA show.... It looks great....

Uhhhh....... So now you're PRO David Blaine?
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Here is some info about the show...

http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/cirquedusoleil/27450/
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-04-24 12:23, Christopher Starr wrote:
It is going to be a must see experience. Instead of bashing Criss Angel, we should all be greatful that he is keeping the interest in magic alive for the general public as a viable form of entertainment.

Hi Chris,

I'll still be bashing the camera tricks passed of as skilled performance. LOL But I have to give him credit for this pretty cool live act. I bet we'll finally see some skilled performance in the live show. Yes there will be LOTS of automated stuff but it will be live and not digital editing. Now that's something that will be nice to see.

Best,

Tim
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Not a pro for DB... Just saying people seem to think some of the stuff is real just like CA... But, this subject matter is not about me...
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
Before CA went all VEGAS on us he did have a good show at the WWF on Broadway. He is not a TV made magician, he has put in his dues, now along the way he may have lost a little sight in things but he has huge demands placed on him for the tv shows. I am not for the use of camera tricks nor 80 stooges, but he has brought magic to the forefront and my bookings has increased year after year for the last 4 years. thanks to CA and DB, I may not like them but I love what they have done for our Art.
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Should be a spectacular production. Looking forward to it.
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Cirque has never let me down before I'm sure I'll love it.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
The combination of Cirque working with the creativity of CA is bound to produce a product unlike anything seen before. I really think this will be an exciting show that pushes magic into a new area of creativity and entertainment value. I think that can only be good for the magical arts. I am looking forward to what they can create together.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Taste of Criss Angel's new show??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL