The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Great New Chat Room for Magicians! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lester
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland. U.K
193 Posts

Profile of Lester
Hi Friends,

Last night here in a tiny village on the coast of Northern Scotland, I spent literally a magical couple of hours talking with Ron, who lives in the States, not only is he a brilliant and knowledgable magician but a great guy!

Ron has organised a superb chat room for us. I'm still reeling from the experience of being able to communicate with and see Ron via webcam. What a unique facility this is. To have a place that gives us the security to discuss and perform magic in real time and to actually see magicians from all over world, whilst you're doing it, is a jewel beyond price! So let's support Ron in this excellent venture.

You can join us in the chat room by going to http://www.magicjax.com You won't regret it.

With Magical Good Wishes,

Lester
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Thanks Lester. It was great meeting you the other day. I stress the words "Meeting you" because that's what it's like with the webcam ability of the chat. It's not just talking to someone via text. You actually meet people in there.

If you've ever been to any kind of magic gatehring such as a convention. Maybe you feel the same way I do when I say that my favorite part of any convention is just hanging out wiht other magicians. Sharing or showing off our latest tricks or moves. Or helping each other when we need it. That's what I love about the webcam chat. It's like we're there in person face to face.

Let me share a little about the chat room.

The first thing I'll tell you is that you don't have to have a webcam to join in. On a side note you can pick one up at walmart for about $20 (They range up much higher but the $20 works just fine). It's nice to have the webcam though. but with out it you can stil chat and you can still see other people on their webcam. The videos are flash (Like youtube) so it loads very quickly.

you can also audio chat. I can't use that function other then talking to you but obviously I won't be able to hear you talk back to me so text me. Smile

You can turn the webcam and audio on and off at any time.

You can private message other chatters with text, video and audio.

There are a number of "widgets" in the chat. One of them is the ability to watch, save and share youtube videos right on the chat room. This is helpful if you are discussing a trick that's on the market and someone in there has never seen it. you can find a youtube video of it and show it to them.

There are a fwe other features in the making. For example I'm working on a way to have a widget on the chat to watch videos from magicvideodepot.com on the chat (Don't worry, I'm working with the owners of that site so it'll be a legal way.).

There's also a link back to the magic Café in there so if no one is chatting you can surf the Café in a new window and see if anyone shows up soon.

Well, I hope to meet some of you in there. We're having a blast. I've talked to some pretty big names in magic in the last month and meet some great people.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I just found and added something new to the chat page. I found a little widget that allows you to searcha nd watch videos from youtube and google video. It has soem tag word searches so it'll automatically bring up a few videos with the tag words (Magic, trick). Or you can search for any vidoe you want and watch it right on the page (It's palaced in an Iframe on the page).

Give it a try. I'm going to watch it to make sure it doesn't interfer with the chat window but so far I've had to trouble.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Great New Chat Room for Magicians! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL