The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Your first illusion show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Hey guys, my name is Kyle and I'm a new member here. Jus wanna say how much I've benefited from your posts. I jus had to join the fun.

lemme get to what I wanted to ask...i'm currently about to own a sword box illusion, a sub trunk a full base illusion where I vanish and a bed of spikes illusion. I was just wondering, how an illusion show should be pieced together.What goes into presenting a 30min illusion show. In singapore most commercial shows are 30mins. I thought it should be done based on genres. for example, a thru steel illusion, metamorphosis, sword box and a vanish. What do you think?
Rodney Rash
View Profile
New user
Texas
12 Posts

Profile of Rodney Rash
Hi Kyle sound like a good line up. I check out you web site vary nice sit I liked the feel of it.
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Thanks Rodney, I really feel there's still a loooooong way to go. So what do you think about puttin together an illusion show
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Kyle:

When putting anything together, just remember that every presentation has a beginning, a middle and an end. All of your routining should build toward the big climax at the end of the show, whether it is 5 minutes or a 1½ hour production. Usually, you want to start strong, ease up a bit toward the middle and then flow into the big finale.

You have several potentially dramatic pieces listed. Traditionally many acts have used the Metamorphosis as the closing bit. The bed of spikes might be best placed as next to last. Thru Steel could be a midway illusion piece. If you talk at all it gives you a chance to present it in a slower, more direct manner, and gives the audience an opportunity to feel your personality. Regarding the vanish - could it be done in reverse as an appearance? Or a transposition? You mentioned it was a "full base illusion", so I thought maybe it could be more flexible. If so, it could be a good opener as an appearance, or a transposition from say an assistant to you. Then you could lead into the sword box - unless you only have 1 assistant, and then we'd have to find a way to get her out of the base! Smile

Just some ideas to toss around. Good luck!

Chris
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
What I was told as a young performer was to begin and end the show with your best illusions. Capture their attention and build credibility at the start. End the show by doing something they will always remember and leave talking about. Everything in the middle is important, but they remember first impression and how you leave them the most. This was guidline for Copperfield shows.

Others will be able to give you more specific info than I can. But that is my thoughts.
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
HEy Chris, concernin the appearence illusion. Over here in singapore, we do not really get theatres where by early set ups are possible. In fact most of the time, here, we are performing on stages with no curtains. which is why if you notice, my illusions can be performed surrounded. that's the reason as to why I cant do the transposition. Performing in a theatre setting is different. in my opinion I do my sword box best. But amongst the full base illusion where I vanish and appear, a sub trunk and a bed of spikes, which should close my show, comsidering the fact that the metamorphosis is not the lightning quick one. I mean, if I don't do it like the pros, I might as well not close the show with it. ooh yea... thanks to videokideo for the comment. It reinforced what I've been trying to folow
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Your first illusion show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL