The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Sight gag - ball in silk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
I sewed a super ball in an 18" purple Dovelite silk I got from our venerable Bob Sanders and it is a HIT! The last thing the specs expect after you 'wipe your brow' is for the silk to bounce high off the floor! So simple and the effect is memorable -of all my expensive props that was the one they mentioned most after the show. Oh, and it packs pretty flat!
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Three Stoogies and Marx Brothers had great bits with it.
Cordially,
Howard
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20494 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Sight gags are what got me into magic. Magic is the home of the unexpected but fun.

Silken Soar-sir-ree in Spring colors! The bouncing giant grape! Now get Welch's sponsorship and the audience won't make up all the happy folks!

With the Three Stooges and the Marx Brothers, you're in good company. (But you dress too well!)

Go entertain them! (One bounce at a time.)

With some experience with the legal system, the "throw-down" gun has become standard equipment for the trade. So Lucy has equipped me with cover for tricks that go bad. I have a "throw-down wand". You seem to have a "throw-down silk".

Don't forget to file off the serial numbers!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I have used the throw down silk for the mutilated parasol for years. What is good plays no matter how old it is. I keep telling my wife that and sometimes she even believes me!

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20494 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Do it in red and refer to it as a "Bounced Check".

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1791 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Reminds me of an "I Love Lucy" episode where Lucy dressed up like Harpo Marx. She walked past the archway between a living room and a den, and the real Harpo walked past it at the same time. She thought it was a reflection. There was some byplay with her and Harpo raising opposite hands and such just like a mirror image. Then Lucy took out a handkerchief and dropped it. Hers landed on the floor and stayed there. Harpo's bounced back up to his hand! Got a lot of laughs from the audience, even if it was canned.

Those were the days!
----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Sight gag - ball in silk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL