The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Outsmokin 2 (Outsmokin Restored) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Back a few years ago when I released my trick called "Outsmokin" I mentioned that I was working on another version of the trick that's a torn and restored cigarette routine.

What I like about this routine is that you tear each end of the cigarette off one at a time. This usually isn't possible without making some kind of switch.

I also like the fact that it has a little more visual magic then most torn and restored cigarettes. It ties well with the "Magic happening to the magician" like Outsmokin does.

In fact it's a great lead in for Outsmokin. As you watch the video picture the filter jumping to the wrong end of the cigarette at the end. Or you can make a switch as you go for your lighter then go into Outsmokin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P943I7ETFUg

It was made with my webcam so it's not the best quality. But you should be able to see the effect.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Anyone have an opinion on this? Not many have seen it yet. I've performed it for non-magicians but I've only shown it to a hand full of magicians. There are more moves that can be done but what's in the video is the routine I usually do.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
I like it a lot, very visual. I've been meaning to pick up your regular Outsmokin effect, but spending money for new props/tricks is tight right now. I'll get around to it.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2973 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
In a word....Awesome....
Very visual. Great work, just like your coin routine you recently posted.
DP
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
krisnevling
View Profile
Regular user
clearfield, pa
138 Posts

Profile of krisnevling
I really like it
I am 27 years old and have been performing magic for 12 years. My main interest is in card magic, but I love all aspects of it. I love to discuss magic with anyone. Feel free to email me anytime.
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
I remember seeing videos of the original Outsmokin before it was ever released and it blew my mind. So many years have passed, and V2.0 continues the tradition of excellence!

Mind if I put that on iTricks.TV ?

Derek Merdinyan
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Go for it. Maybe I should make a betteer video. This one was originally intended just to show to one person but since I put it on youtube (Mainly just so it'll load faster fgor them) I just decided to sahre it here on the Café too.

But sure, go ahead and put it on itricks.TV. Actually, I never herd of that site until just now.

Ron Jaxon

DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
The real site is http://www.iTricks.com - iTricks.TV is just a popular feature Smile

Let me know if you decide to make a better video - if not, the one above was pretty good.

Derek Merdinyan
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I've been playing around wiht a kind of fun variation. I'm sure you've all seen the "coin bite" trick. It kind of looks like that. You bite the end of the cigarette off. Then kind of spit or blow it back onto the cigarette. Basically just watch the above video and visualize me biting the end off instead of tearing it off. It looks really neat at the end when you blow it back onto the cigarette and the filter appers in the middle instead of the end.

I'm still working on it. I'll make a video when I have it mastered.

Ron Jaxon

mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
I just purchased "outsmokin" and can't wait to get it. My wife and I almost fell over laughing when we watched the video. VERY COOL. Actually my wife was the one who told me to buy it, she liked the effect that much. Hows that for a great wife?

I would definetly buy the new vesion as well.
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't look like a real cig. When you make the "tear" the edges look perfectly smooth and with no tobacco?

You have good moves and I like the jump from the middle to the end as you bring it up to your lips.
Verricobl
View Profile
Loyal user
BC
256 Posts

Profile of Verricobl
When tearing, I think the fingers of both hands should be closer to where you are tearing. In the video, it looks like one hand holds the cig while the other does the tearing. I love the last part where the filter jumps to the correct position while the cig is in the lips. Overall, looks awesome!
imagine the possibilities... endless...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Outsmokin 2 (Outsmokin Restored) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL