The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Osterlind DVDs, including hypnosis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Quote:
On 2007-05-23 15:32, Don Theo III wrote:
That's amazing! They failed to mention this bonus delivery effect in the ads! Was there an explanation or was it performance only?

Who is "they" -- L&L or Osterlind Mysteries? They're the only people carrying the bonus disk to my knowledge.

The hypnosis segment is performance only -- and a riotous performance it is. There are three or four effects (including another Q & A which is sooo clean) which do come with explanations.

*jeep!
--Granpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2007-05-22 17:31, HollyMental wrote:
Richard Osterlind - No Camera Tricks

Double Down - Great principle at work here. I pulled this on my boyfriend and he demanded an explanation upon threat of wrestling me into a knot. I’m sorry to say I eventually surrendered the explanation.

Thank you very much. I am glad you liked it.
I was indeed honored to have my DOUBLE-DOWN effect shown on the Bonus DVD!

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Can I plug Bryn's "Double-Down" also? I picked this up from him last year, and it's absolutely knock-down insane. Perform this correctly, and you won't be able to convince your audience that you aren't really reading their minds. (Perform it wrong, and hang your head in shame.)

*jeep!
--Granpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2007-05-22 17:31, HollyMental wrote:
Richard Osterlind - No Camera Tricks

H
Thanks for that terrific review
Which effect is the Q & A one?
Cheers
TJ
HollyMental
View Profile
Elite user
OR
423 Posts

Profile of HollyMental
Quote:
On 2007-05-23 19:34, teejay wrote:
Which effect is the Q & A one?

Teejay, I don’t recall a Q&A effect on this series. I suppose any of the mindreading effects could be converted to Q&A but, unless I missed something, there isn’t a specific Q&A routine on this particular DVD set.

There are Q&A routines on Richard’s earlier series’. Mind Mysteries Volume 7 has a wonderful Q&A routine and Easy To Master Mental Miracles Volume 1 has Theodore Annemann’s A Question And The Answer routine.

As far as I can remember, however, there isn’t one on No Camera tricks.

Holly
The devil can advocate for himself.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Clearly Mind Reading is somewhat of a Q&A act.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Richard did frame it as a Q&A type routine during the explanation.

The Quadruplitear mind reading effect was a Q&A routine involving 4 people. But it is located on the Bonus DVD and Holly may not have received that.

Tony
HollyMental
View Profile
Elite user
OR
423 Posts

Profile of HollyMental
Quote:
On 2007-05-24 14:23, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Richard did frame it as a Q&A type routine during the explanation.

The Quadruplitear mind reading effect was a Q&A routine involving 4 people. But it is located on the Bonus DVD and Holly may not have received that.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I received the bonus DVD but as I remember quadruplitear, Richard only asked participants to write down personal information, not questions. Perhaps I’m mistaken but I don’t recall Richard ever asking anyone to write down any questions. Of course, as far as I’m concerned, mindreading routines and Q&A routines are all generally interchangeable.

Holly
The devil can advocate for himself.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Holly:

True, the terms are interchangeable. The true Q&A act involved the audience members to call out questions and the medium would then answer. We use the term loosely for any routine or act where we feed back written 9or unwritten) information or provide answers to written (or unwritten) questions. Because, it really does not matter whether it is a question or a statement, the mechanics of acquiring the information are exactly the same.

Tony
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I was always taught there is Q & A and I R (Information Regurgitation) Smile
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
Quote:
On 2007-05-24 15:32, Bill Cushman wrote:
I R (Information Regurgitation) Smile

is that when you swallow the billet? Smile
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

IR is what you see many performers do. Card reads Hawaii: "You want to go to Hawaii" is an example of IR

Non IR might look like: "You are a hard worker, you tend to over-involve yourself in each task. This is exhilarating, yet exhausting. Your mind is constantly racing and thinking about work, family obligations, no relaxation is possible. The only way you get any to sleep is when your body just collapses, then its off to the same situation as soon as you wake up. In fact, the only way you can relax is to get away. That is what you dream of, when you do finally get to sleep. Nice and warm, a gentle breeze caressing your skin, no worries, blue skies and clear blue water. It seems like paradise."

Tony
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Tony, the extrapolation you explain is one of the things which I'm trying to develop. You see Richard doing it with his PCT -- he seems to get volumes of information from one word, doesn't he?

Along the lines of the IR/Q&A act, I've occasionally used StenoESP as a Q&A -- without billets. You know the routine, so you can see how powerful it will work as a method of answering questions which were "merely thought of."

Points to anyone who can make "Voodoo" into a Q&A act!

*jeep!
--Granpa Chet (Who is still surprised how "Voodoo" takes something really simple and makes it into something really creepy. There have been YELPS from people watching the performance of "Voodoo" on Disk 3!)
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2007-05-23 18:41, mormonyoyoman wrote:
Can I plug Bryn's "Double-Down" also? I picked this up from him last year, and it's absolutely knock-down insane. Perform this correctly, and you won't be able to convince your audience that you aren't really reading their minds. (Perform it wrong, and hang your head in shame.)

*jeep!
--Granpa Chet

Thank you very much, Chet. I appreciate the comments!

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Thanks Tony and Holly
TJ
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Finally got a 25% review up at the DVD forum. It's currently at the bottom of the page http://tinyurl.com/ynn5xu though it may not be at the bottom in a few weeks.
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Does anyone here use the original TCB routine?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Osterlind DVDs, including hypnosis (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL