We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mark your calendars and set your Tivo’s now for July 25 @ 10:00pm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sebbyg
View Profile
Regular user
Cherry Hill, NJ
118 Posts

Profile of sebbyg
Mark your calendars and set your Tivo’s now for July 25 @ 10:00pm:

The Sci Fi channel has announced the official start date of “The Derren Brown Project”
The Derren Brown Project (Title TBD; New Series - Premieres July 25, 2007 @ 10 PM) - This July, SCI FI Channel will introduce America to mentalist Derren Brown, the British sensation described as "part James Bond, part Yoda." With numerous top-rated series and specials to his credit, Derren has astounded UK television audiences causing them to conclude that he knows your mind better than you do. SCI FI's original U.S. produced version of the Derren Brown Project (official title TBD) will consist of 6 jaw-dropping 1-hour episodes that must be seen to be believed.
The British press has called him "mind-blowing," "fascinating" and "a warlock." He doesn't claim to be a mind reader, though he can seemingly predict and control human behavior. He describes his craft as a mixture of suggestion, psychology, misdirection and showmanship. Whatever you choose to call it, his unparalleled gift is a powerful and provocative form of entertainment.
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
Yeaaa mann,
thanks for the update.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
LOve Sci-Fi channel. Thought the mini series "The Lost Room" was great.

Finally Derren in the U.S.A.!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Rick,
Didn't know that you were such a fan!?!?

Smile

J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
naquada
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of naquada
Hoping that this appears on the newsgroups as well to download.. since there no mention of a UK airing of this...
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2477 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I can only set my TiVo for 2 weeks out....will have to put a post it on the TV screen Smile
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Too bad it can only be on a station like that. DB deserves a bigger audience. Well, let's see this special first, I guess.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
Blackwood
View Profile
Special user
Mind-Play
528 Posts

Profile of Blackwood
I'm not really a mentalist, I'm a marketing guy. I make this prediction:

Whatever channel he's on in the US, within 90 days he will be contemplating competing offers from several Las Vegas hotels to build him his own theater if he'll play there nine months of the year.

The really interesting question is, how will he respond?
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
Wait a minute...I was under the impression that the SciFi series was just going to be an American broadcast of "Trick or Treat". Is this not the case?
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
No. Derren was in the US last November filming for both the UK and US series. "Trick or Treat" includes some bits he did in the US. However, he also recreated in the US some of his favorite bits from earlier series. For instance, he did the advertising guys one at Saatchi & Saatchi in NYC.

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mark your calendars and set your Tivo’s now for July 25 @ 10:00pm (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL