The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Fraud or Impromptu Nightshades, where to buy this trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kwang0429
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of kwang0429
Hi there:

I was amazed by Paul Harris Impromptu Nightshades, and found out that there is an original trick called Nightshades, than evolved to Fraud, Japanese Magician Cyril even took Impromptu Nightshades to another level, I know you can probably find this trick in Paul Harris Astonishment, but I was wondering if there is a place that I can actually learn this trick or buy this trick ? thanks in advance guys!
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
The AoA is a great resource for learning this routine. Improv Nightshades is great.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Since Paul Harris released the original "Nightshades" effect, some years back, I've not seen it available anymore.

After it was included in his "Art Of Astonishment - Vol. 1" book and called "Improv Nightshades," there was no reason to do so.

The original version made use of a specialized gimmick that could (would) easily break. The newer version accomplishes the same effect, but with another type of gimmick that is easily replaceable.

It's a fun effect, gets great reactions from those who see it and is definitely an "eye opener!"

Mark.
kwang0429
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of kwang0429
Have you guys seen Cyril's version? I got AoA and found out how he did it, but Cyril somehow made it into a different version, he even let people check the bill after he drew the shades over the eyes first.... wonder how he did it...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DNKCNWgYV1Q
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
That's a nice handling! Cyril is really fun to watch.

Mark.
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
If you are taking about Fraud By Daniel Garcia, it is out.

Bob
masterkiller
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of masterkiller
"counterfeit spectator" by paul Harris seems to me to be the effect that evolved into "fraud" and not "impromptu nightshades"...correct me if I'm wrong?
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
You'd be right!

"Fraud" and "impromptu nightshades" are 2 completely different effects. The only thing they have in common is the use of paper currency.

Mark.
masterkiller
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of masterkiller
Thanks for the clarification.
liljay510
View Profile
Regular user
Dallas, TX
101 Posts

Profile of liljay510
It seems like cyril used a few switches, however I do like the way he took his time in drawing in the glasses. Fraud did evolve from counterfeit spectator and uses the idea of improv nightshades. I now put both together when requested to do it again, after performing Fraud using that same bill for nightshades. And using the repost glue to be able leave GW's shades on with out having to hold it as explained by Paul Harris.

P.S. Do not perform inprov nightshades immediately after unless you are asked to repeat the effect of Fraud. Let the effect sink in, it wont hit some people until they take it to a bank or try to buy something with it.
No matter How much you know you can never stop learning.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Fraud or Impromptu Nightshades, where to buy this trick? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL