The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Time and Space" by Justin Miller (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
nikyas
View Profile
Loyal user
Kuala Lumpur
207 Posts

Profile of nikyas
I received nothing but great service from Justin. He's a nice guy to deal with. Maybe luck was not with you Xiqual. The post office often mess-up.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
No its not terrible. I am on the ball with all of my orders but sometimes the post office is not. Please wait till you receive it and then send it back to me. Bad judgement call on going on a forum and bashing my servce when you expect for me to be God or something and gauarantee it to be there at a specific time. I sent it out. that's all I could do. You were not patient to wait so I refunded your money promptly. Sorry it did not work out.
Justin N. Miller
whateverisisright
View Profile
Regular user
Savannah, Georgia
132 Posts

Profile of whateverisisright
Quote:
On 2007-05-15 09:54, Xiqual wrote:
Justin refunded my money. He requested that I send the effect back when it arrives. I will do so if he pays for the shipping.

Just as a side note, If you DON'T open the package, you can just write "return to sender" across the front of it and the postal service will not charge shipping to return the item because you're not accepting the package. If you open it, it'll cost money to send it back. I'd just write "RETURN TO SENDER" in a big black marker (making sure not to write over any of either of the addresses on the package) and return it to the mailbox/post-office.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2007-05-15 11:12, whateverisisright wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-05-15 09:54, Xiqual wrote:
Justin refunded my money. He requested that I send the effect back when it arrives. I will do so if he pays for the shipping.

Just as a side note, If you DON'T open the package, you can just write "return to sender" across the front of it and the postal service will not charge shipping to return the item because you're not accepting the package. If you open it, it'll cost money to send it back. I'd just write "RETURN TO SENDER" in a big black marker (making sure not to write over any of either of the addresses on the package) and return it to the mailbox/post-office.

Hi,
I appreciate the advice, except I am currently living in Taiwan. I'm not sure what would happen if I did that.

When it gets here I'll probably just send the $35 back to Justin.

Like I said, it's not personal. I know it always turns into that on the Café.
I have to protect my interests too.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-05-14 15:02, jussy wrote:
Just a heads up... I just finished shooting The Cloak, Time and Space and X-Marks The Spot with Kozmo magic. No more home videos. Pro..shot and detailed to a tee..and yes..menus!

Justin N. Miller

I LOVE Kozmo Magic and the work they do and will be excited to see Justin's work filmed by them, but I have one of Justin's "home videos" and what I felt is that a friend took the time to tape and share a miracle effect he created.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Chris,
That is the feel I went for I am glad it went over that way. But The masses were not happy with that so I decided to re-shoot time and space and X Hindsight will stay "home grown".

thanks Chris,
Justin N. Miller
whateverisisright
View Profile
Regular user
Savannah, Georgia
132 Posts

Profile of whateverisisright
*UPDATE*

I wanted to get time to play and work with the set some before I performed it. Here's an update.

First off, for those of you who own Triune, there's a gimmick that requires "repairing" from time to time. I intentionally broke mine the day before I performed the effect for the first time to someone so I could comment on how difficult it was to fix. Jamie's instructions make it easy and he includes all the materials to repair it with. I had it fixed back in under 10 minutes (wouldn't take nearly that long a second time...).

That being said, on to the performance:
My grandmother has "old" friends and "young" friends. She has one particular older friend who is just shy of a monster...my grandmother calls her "the grump." And she likes magic...for the sole reason of calling the magician out. I believe she may be the first and oldest living heckler.

That being said, I took Triune for its pre-adding-to-routine-test-run at my grandmother's house last night. I've decided I'll officially add Triune into my routine now, but I wanted to be sure it was ready, and if ever there was a test subject, it was her.

From the word Go when I pulled 3 Walking Liberty Halves out, she wanted to hold them...which, luckily for the routine, she could. She examined and shook them one at a time and handed them back to me one by one (which actually helped me...those of you who own the routine will know what I'm talking about.

I proceeded to do the effect. Her face didn't budge. She didn't smile. She didn't speak. I'd be willing to bet she didn't blink. To say my hands were being "burned" is an understatement.

I finished the routine and she immediatly said "let me hold those." Again, courtesy of Mr. Miller's routine, I did. She held them, shook them, threw them in the air, dropped one (which almost cut short her very much already prolonged life), and then handed them back to me.

She'd never let me know she enjoyed it, but I heard her talking to my grandmother on the phone later that night and she brought up that "little coin trick thing" 3 times in the conversation. For her, that's reaching celebrity status.

Success.

Now I can't wait to go perform it for spectator's of whom I may get a REAL reaction out of...
daghank
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of daghank
Im still waiting for time and space its been 37 days Smile Im so excited I hope it will be here this week I want to get it before I go on vacation Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Is Time And Space reshot and ready?

JaminJ
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of JaminJ
I just noticed that there's a new graphic for Time and Space on Justin's website now. I don't know if that means anything though.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Time and Space has ben re-shot and is now in the editing phase. Time and Space should be ready and at murphies (and mine) doorstep by Nov.9th (hopefully.
I have changed the graphics to Time And Space as well as X-Marks The Spot.
Stay tuned to http://www.closeupjm.com for more details.

Justin N. Miller
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I have a GREAT idea: take pre-orders. That way the people that pay now will be the first to get them.

Don't thank me now. Thank me when you're cheered for your innovated marketting strategy!
:dancing:

I couldn't help myself.

Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

NO WAY...

Justin (learned his lesson) Miller
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
2 more days to Time and Space!!!

Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Ok talked to kozmo today and I will have 30 time and space ready for sale at the kutztown convention and only 50 new X-Marks The spots. They really tried hard to get these done in time but do to a computer MELTDOWN we have to work with what we have.

You should be seeing a mass release of BOTH tricks within 1-2 weeks tops.

Justin N. Miller
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
This is BIG news!!!

Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

I just got 30 copies ready to be released here at the PA Kutztown magic convention...See you guys tomorrow!

The rest will be ready for mass sales next week.

Justin N. Miller

Just so you all know if you try and e-mail me it will be a lost cause until I get my computer back..it has A MAJOR VIRUS and I cannot get it started long enogh to do ANYTHING..it is in the shop right now and should be done on sunday when we get back.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Justin Miller + Kozmo Magic= SUCCESS! This may be the biggest release this year!

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I wish Justin the best that life has to offer and wish "Time and Space" and all his future projects are the big successes they deserve to be.

Thanks everyone for the PM's!

Christopher

Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

All is made right again. Thank you so much Chris.
The all NEW Time and Space is ready to ship. New trailer should be up soon as well.

Justin N. Miller
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Time and Space" by Justin Miller (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL