The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Time and Space" by Justin Miller (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Tennessee
698 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
This is a very nice effect that drops some jaws for sure! The beginner will need to put a bit of work into it perhaps but in my opinion, a very easy effect to master in a short period. I love doing effects where one can leave the spec with something in their hands to remember the performance by...

Thanks Justin for sharing this one with us!

Bobby
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Here it is on Justin's site:
http://www.closeupjm.com/timeandspacenew.htm

Justin ships super fast.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Check out Justin's website for some killer holiday deals!

http://www.closeupjm.com

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Justin Miller ( http://www.closeupjm.com ) has an incredible sale until tonight at midnight ( 12/20/2007 ) and it includes his new DVD's X-Marks the Spot and Time and Space.

Time and Space gets gasps. I think it's one of the all time best card effects.

Alysson Nishiyama
View Profile
New user
Brazil
53 Posts

Profile of Alysson Nishiyama
I got it this week and I must say that's a nice effect. But I was wondering if, after the gaff card is handled to spectators and they inspect it, they will suspect of anything...
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Like what...?
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Think about this with me...

They see a lone card by itself face down...
They see two jokers seperate...
They see the face down card is their card SEPERATE from the two jokers...
And finally they see all three cards FUSED together into one that they can keep...

Time and Space is structured in this way to bring conviction at each stage of the routine..they will never know what hit them!

I promise!

Justin N. Miller
Alysson Nishiyama
View Profile
New user
Brazil
53 Posts

Hi Justin, That was my doubt. Then it seems the whole pattern draw off attention from the gaff card, which might look suspicious.

By the way, thanks for being so receptive in clarifying questions of your customers. I'm really excited to perform "Time and Space".
Alysson Nishiyama
View Profile
New user
Brazil
53 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-12-21 17:09, Cameron Francis wrote:
Like what...?

In case they suspicious of "the amalgam of both jokers and the original signed card" and maybe can figure out how the time travel was done.
zing82
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
218 Posts

Profile of zing82
IMO, the effect is really dull and confusing. I think there are much better effects out there with similar plot and without any gaffs.

Bro John Hamman(sp)'s My Signed Card and Darwin Ortiz (Dream Card) and also Mike Powers (Nightmare Card).

Easily named, the above 3 effects are much much better than Time and Space. Sorry Justin, but this is my honest opinion.

Alvin
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Well that is your opinon..
Thank you for your candor.

The paying audiences say otherwise but that is why I love this planet becuase we all have diff. taste!

Justin N. Miller
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
While it was magicians, when justin did this for us here in cincy he got a reaction from everyone on this ( well except from the old grumpy guys who don't like anything without a few bottom deals lol )
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-12-28 11:22, zing82 wrote:
IMO, the effect is really dull and confusing. I think there are much better effects out there with similar plot and without any gaffs.

Bro John Hamman(sp)'s My Signed Card and Darwin Ortiz (Dream Card) and also Mike Powers (Nightmare Card).

Easily named, the above 3 effects are much much better than Time and Space. Sorry Justin, but this is my honest opinion.

Alvin

I LOVE Brother John's and Darwin's effects. Two classics.

I also love ( and do ) simon Aronson's "Side Swiped".

IMHO, Time and Space is right up there. I performed Time and Space on Christams Eve and the reaction was stunned silence ( which I love because I could shut up and observe ).

I think this effect has to be tried out on "strangers" before judgement is passed.

A tip for those using it: get an exacto knife and "score" the joker gaff so that when they run their fingers on it ( and they will ) they will "feel" two jokers fuused together.

Time and Space is a closer.

Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
That's a awesome idea
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
717 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Agreed, Joshua.

Very nice thinking there, Christopher!
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
chris mayhew
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto ON, Canada
179 Posts

Profile of chris mayhew
I just got this effect in the mail, and to be honest I am not a fan. The quality of the dvd is nice, but that is about it. The effect itself is mediocre at best, it feels kind of disjointed to go from a mystery card plot, and then out of nowhere suddenly fuze the cards together. I know the patter tries to explain that issue, but that is another problem, the patter is dull, and meaningless. Its just words put together to try and explain whats happening, nothing very insitefull at all. The teaching on the dvd is unbareable, too much useless information is said that is not necessary, a good 30 minutes of time could have been saved if JM would just cut out all the filler and cut strait to the chase, I don't need to spend 10 minutes on what kind of double stick tape to use. Releasing one effect on one dvd in general is quite tiresome nowdays, one effect is not enough to fill an entire dvd, and that is why I believe there is so much uselesss information packed into this dvd, becuase JM needs to fill it with something, and we all know this one effect is not going to do that. I bought the effect with an open mind, it sounded quite interesting, but the only thing I have recieved in the mail was a well produced dvd with nothing on it but filler and a mediocre effect. And the back to the future jokes were horrible.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Chris would you mind returning it and I will give you your money back and give it to someone who will actually use it.

If it's not for you then so be it..but out of the over 1000 that have been sold to date you and alvin (2 mind you ) have not liked it...I can sleep with those stats.

Just pm me and I will give you an address you can return it and I wil send you your money back.

Oh, make sure you send me a copy of the receipt if you ordered through me or where you got it if you purchased it somewhere else.

Thanks,
Justin N. Miller
chris mayhew
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto ON, Canada
179 Posts

Profile of chris mayhew
Thanks for the offer, but its too much of a hassel, I will keep the dvd, you never know, there might come a time in my life when I have to fuze two cards together, and that's when the gimmick will come in handy.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Yes Christopher's wonderful addition to T&S went right into the lecture..Thanks christopher!

Justin N. Miller
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-01-03 09:40, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Yes Christopher's wonderful addition to T&S went right into the lecture..Thanks christopher!

Justin N. Miller

Justin, thanks for the compliment. Coming from you that's such a high honor. I hope everyone finds the subtlety of scoring the cards as useful as I have.

Not every trick is for everyone ( some folks don't like Twisting The Aces or Triumph ). But, the proof is in the reactions of the audience. Time and Space is a winner.

And...I was fooled by the DVD. I played it back to see Justin cop or palm the card- He didn't. VERRRRRY clever method!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Time and Space" by Justin Miller (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL