The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Time and Space" by Justin Miller (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
chris mayhew
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto ON, Canada
179 Posts

Profile of chris mayhew
I may have been fooled if I had not seen the gimmick before I watched the effect, but that wouldnt have changed how I feel about the trick. The vanish is boring, having the the spectator count through the entire deck of cards just to find their card is not fun to watch. The reveal of the card in bewtween the jokers looks nice and is clean, but then out of nowhere you decide to fuse the cards. It does not go with the continuety of the effect and just seems added in there so you can end clean. This is my opinion, and I am not trying to lessen JM's effect in anyway, but the effect just is not for me. For those that it is for, I hope you have fun performing it. back to the future rules, but don't make good jokes!!!
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
In response to the above post....that is why they make vanilla and chocolate ice cream.....
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-05-14 19:38, Xiqual wrote:
This may be a great routine, but the service is lacking. I ordered over a month and it's still not here.

I buy lots of magic and everybody always get it to me quickly.

I think this is ridiculous. I won't be buying from Justin Miller anymore.
James

2 years ago James ( Xiqual ) saw a big problem with Justin taking in money and not delivering the product, which happened again with the Cloak and recently Captured.

I tried to be a supporter of Justin and he simply let so many people down with his
abhorrent behavior. It's sad to see someone so creative be so destructive to their own success.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
He is probably waiting on God to fix everything. Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
GOD helps those that help themselves. So...he's out of luck.

magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
Quote:
On 2009-05-10 02:54, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:

Actually...biblically speaking...GOD helps those who help others...so it all now makes perfect sense.

M&S
amprice99
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of amprice99
A week ago or so I made a post regarding this thread as being a review section. It was in regard to Captured. I was told to look at the first post because it had nothing to do with a review. It's true, the first post on that thread wasn't. So I shouldn't have posted that. However, the first post on this thread IS. Let's stick to the topic. Again we all know that JM's customer service is horrible. I've learned not to buy from him directly, and I'm sure by now everyone has. Stop beating a dead horse.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2009-05-10 11:01, amprice99 wrote:
A week ago or so I made a post regarding this thread as being a review section. It was in regard to Captured. I was told to look at the first post because it had nothing to do with a review. It's true, the first post on that thread wasn't. So I shouldn't have posted that. However, the first post on this thread IS. Let's stick to the topic. Again we all know that JM's customer service is horrible. I've learned not to buy from him directly, and I'm sure by now everyone has. Stop beating a dead horse.

The DVD was released a year ago and there are plenty of reviews on it. How many reviews do you want?

Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
As a place for magicians to help other magicians, I believe it's part of the review for people to share their past experiences with the creator, good or bad. Talking about customer service is also part of a review, I do believe. So, I don't really see how anything has got off topic. I for one appreciate the honesty and openness from our fellow members in reviewing a product. It's also nice to know about the creator when making an informed decision. I may like the trick from watching the trailer, but if someone's character is undeserving of my support, I will choose not to purchase from them. I have bought from Justin in the past. And, I too have enjoyed some of his products in the past. I've even given him great reviews before. After the turn of events, I decided not to support Justin Miller anymore. I was disheartned to say the least. I do hope that Justin gets himself back together again. And I do wish him all the best, but when someone chooses to walk in the rain, they shouldn't complain about getting wet.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
amprice99
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of amprice99
I agree that customer service should be part of a review. I guess the point I'm trying to make is it has been said numerous times about Justin's poor customer service. Yes, I'm disappointed as well. It's just when I brought up the Time and Space thread and read the newest posts it's like "here we go again". A response was made to a post that was written back in May 07. When it's stated "how many reviews do you want?" I say the same thing to the complaints...how many complaints about the same thing do we have to hear.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Someone resurrected this thread and now...folks are talking about their opinions of the artist in question.

Rabid
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Rabid
Quote:
On 2009-05-10 12:11, amprice99 wrote:
I say the same thing to the complaints...how many complaints about the same thing do we have to hear.

The thing is...a simple honest apology can work wonders in this screwed up horrendous world. I've worked in advertising for nearly twenty years and it's a service industry through and through. You **** off a client and that person tells all their friends and so on and so on and before you know it, you can't get on a pitch list for love nor money.

Admitting in ones faults, apologising from the heart and moving on are the best ways to cover any crack in ones business (I have three agencies so I know what I'm talking about). Being childish and aggressive simply do not work. I realise that sounds silly coming from me and my posts on here but here is not a business, not my business and is inconsequential to me so I post from the gut (like many I would imagine) and worry about damage control later...plus, as Chris loves to mention, I'm anonymous here so...ha...I can be as obnoxious as I wish to be,

Those that wish to make a living off the goodwill of others that frequent here and other magic sites however, they have to tread more carefully.

I've been interested in a fair few of Justin's effects but have resolved to not bother as I've been burnt before and no matter how patient and pleasant I've been in communication, I've got nowhere. And the effect in question cost me $250 and I can't learn it properly as I can't play the stupid DVD. The excuses are not for this forum but they're about as pathetic as excuses come. I've had the effect for over two years and it's in a drawer never to be used (although the gimmicks and props have come in handy) which is a shame but I really don't want to perform it now as the whole thing tastes so sour.

A shame...a real shame as I always liked Justins stuff ever since I bought Silver Dream (now THAT is a good routine), but so be it.

Again..an apology, whether the person making it believes it needs to be said or not, goes an awful long way.

When a person can't see that for themselves...then it's time to re-think ones outlook on life.

Steph
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Another late post on this item. I am one of the fortunate ones who purchased Time and Space used and got it in 3 days. Having said that I am mostly a card man and now turning to mentalism as the fingers are just not as nimble as they once were..I have to say that Time and Space is for me one of the most powerful card routines I have perfromed in many many years...please read what I posted ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL, not THE most powerful..because I cannot pick one and call it the most powerful.

I am sorry to find out that Justin has had problems, there must be a reason for his poor service and it may be beyond his control. I have an early version of X and I feel there were problems then. Not defending in any way, but do not condem someone unless you have walked a mile in their shoes.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
doormouse
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of doormouse
Sorry but I don't walk in the shoes of crooks and liars. He is not to hard to figure out.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Neither do I. However, I am accustomed to the "charged" being afforded the courtesy of response. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am under the opinion that Justin has been banned from this forum. If that is correct, I believe this thread should be deleted in fairness to Justin.

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
Justin DID respond with hateful posts pretty much blaming everyone but himself for all the delays and non-deliveries. The expression "fairness to Justin" is almost ludicrous as he has shown little fairness to those who sent him money.
doormouse
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of doormouse
He was banned because he lacks the social skills of communicating without the use of profanity and threats. He had every opportunity to respond, and he did by cussing and threatening everyone who criticized him. He showed his true colors. In my opinion no one owes Justin Miller anything.
Pastor Mickey
View Profile
New user
Colorado
97 Posts

Profile of Pastor Mickey
Quote:

Actually...biblically speaking...GOD helps those who help others...so it all now makes perfect sense.

M&S
[/quote]
Actually, biblically speaking... God stepped in and helped those who had no capability of helping themselves.
Just didn't want God to be misquoted on the Café!
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2009-05-15 01:26, Pastor Mickey wrote:

M&S
[/quote]

Actually, biblically speaking... God stepped in and helped those who had no capability of helping themselves.
Just didn't want God to be misquoted on the Café!
[/quote]

Pastor Mickey is correct. The quote Chris used "God helps them that help themselves," is actually attributed to Benjamin Franklin in Poor Richard's Almanac of 1757.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
On 2009-05-14 22:08, runawayjag wrote:
Justin DID respond with hateful posts pretty much blaming everyone but himself for all the delays and non-deliveries. The expression "fairness to Justin" is almost ludicrous as he has shown little fairness to those who sent him money.

If you want "ludicrous" imagine a trial where the evidence and testimony of the defense is withheld from the jury. I appreciate that Justin DID respond, but still maintain that to leave the "prosecution" statements while removing the responses to those statements leaves an unfair record for those who view it now.
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Time and Space" by Justin Miller (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL