The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Shazam (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Folks,
I was visiting some magic sites and ran across this at http://www.browsersden.com Just go to the site and do a search on Shazam. There is also a demo clip on this site, but you'll have to look for it under new demo clips, I believe. Just from the description and demo clip, do any of you have any initial thoughts? I've ordered one and it should be here this week sometime. Just thought I'd let you know.
Thanks,
Jim.
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1277 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Hi Jim,

Jeff demo'd this for me last time I was at the Den [I believe Kueppers makes it]. Can't honestly say I was TOO impressed, but that may well have been the magician in me! My first thought was "gimmick"!

Let me know how it works for you, out of the magic shop!
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Yep...looks interesting. Let us know what you think.

Mark.
macker1
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of macker1
Shazam was one of those tricks that didn't take me long to figure out pretty much how it was done after the first time I saw it. I think it had to do with the overly open way Jeff held the gimmick when he demoed it. The way Jeff was waving the coins about, it was almost magical the coins didn't just fall off the hand as normal coins should. But I still bought it anyway, cuz I figured I could probably hold it in a different, more "natural" way. Smile I love Shazam!
tony2514
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, UK
162 Posts

Profile of tony2514
My question with any gimmick would be: "What 3else can I do with it?" I hate buying a one trick pony partly because I like to get my money's worth but mainly because I don't want to be carrying loads of gimmicks around with me - I rarely carry more than two - so I want them to work hard for me.

Let us know how you get on and whether it is more than just the transposition.
macker1
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of macker1
Quote:
On 2007-06-19 03:14, tony2514 wrote:
My question with any gimmick would be: "What 3else can I do with it?" I hate buying a one trick pony partly because I like to get my money's worth but mainly because I don't want to be carrying loads of gimmicks around with me - I rarely carry more than two - so I want them to work hard for me.

Let us know how you get on and whether it is more than just the transposition.

I hate to say this, but for $32 you're really getting only one trick, namely the multiple coin transformation (the vanish at the end isn't achieved using the gimmick you get, but it isn't difficult to accomplish). However, you can transform the coin in basically any order you like, and you can repeat the effect instantly with no set-up.

But it looks like your gimmicks really need to work hard for ya so $32 is probably better spent on a utility device or something.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27152 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I can't seem to get to the video directly. would someone please download and email to me? - thanks
...to all the coins I've dropped here
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Jonathan,
I've sent the video clip to your email address, as per your profile. Let us know your thoughts.

Jim.
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
By the way, I agree with all of the previous posts. It is a one trick pony and screams "gaff". However, there may be more creative minds than mine out there to come up with more intersting ideas and handlings.

Jim.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27152 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Thanks, I can get to AOL at home and will do so then.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
mikethemagish
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of mikethemagish
It's hard to see what is going on from the demo. It seems like a good=idea but really the trick is hard to b appreciated from this angel and everything. Does anybody have this and used it yet?

magish for life
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Shazam (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL