The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Sharpie Pen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

True Believer
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of True Believer
Hi everyone!
Maybe it's a little provocative but...here I go: Is it possible to construct a Sharpie Pen that has a microcamera in it? Or some other contact sensors that really would permit the performer to see what the spectator is writing in real time? (obviously without impression devices or billet switches, I mean just real time, maybe with a small LCD screen).
Sorry for this "James Bond-esque" topic, but I'm just too curious...

Lorenzo
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
With current commercial,off the shelf technology, no. Not for what you suggested it to do.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Are you curious? Or have you seen an effect and thought this was how it worked?
True Believer
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of True Believer
I found out an interesting object: the Swann Pencam.
It's not a Sharpie, but it could be a little closer to what I had in mind. Remember, all of this topic is just a sort of high-tech daydreaming of mine... I don't know if it really works...what do you think about it?
Here's the link:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Modu......y=search
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
The lens is on the clip, so you would not see what they are writing. nice pen though Smile
True Believer
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of True Believer
Magicmind wrote:
Are you curious? Or have you seen an effect and thought this was how it worked?

Both of 'em, really. I watched the "Secrets of the Psychic Revealed" TV special where a mentalist uses an earplug communicator device to describe the drawing of a spectator. I just thought about a possible method to accomplish that type of effect without a stooge.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Ah, Secrets of the Psychic...

Have a nice stay here at the Café.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I think that you're thinking...oh wait, that was something else!

Interesting idea though.

Mark.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Thanks for answering my question.....

I agree with Tony, have a nice stay here Smile
adramindmagic
View Profile
Regular user
East St. Louis
106 Posts

Profile of adramindmagic
Its here, but the device is by invite only. It retails for 10,000 lbs. Oh yes and it can work any where any time.
I love magic!
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Profile of Carlos the Great
Quote:
On 2007-04-30 10:15, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Ah, Secrets of the Psychic...

Have a nice stay here at the Café.

LOL
Cognite tute
True Believer
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of True Believer
What's wrong with "Secrets of the Psychics Revealed"? I've seen it on italian cable. From that show I learned a couple of interesting ideas that I included in my routines. Just my opinions though...
magicnutuk
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of magicnutuk
True Believer. The very fact that you have to ask this question shows your ignorance of the subject. Many of the members here, including myself are professional performers of the mind and shows like this prove only to harm our our beloved art. I should not think you will gain any positive response here regarding this subject so continue at your own dismay.
Kind regards
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
You are really off to a bad start. My advise to you is change your name get a new Internet Provider and register again or....never mind the alternative.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
True Believer
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of True Believer
Bad start? I don't understand...
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
True Believer:

I don't get their criticism either. I think maybe Tony misunderstood and the other guys fed off of his comment.

Having read your other posts, I can see that you have come up with legitimate questions in your research. The guys should cut you some slack.
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2007-04-30 08:46, True Believer wrote:
Hi everyone!
Maybe it's a little provocative but...here I go: Is it possible to construct a Sharpie Pen that has a microcamera in it? Or some other contact sensors that really would permit the performer to see what the spectator is writing in real time? (obviously without impression devices or billet switches, I mean just real time, maybe with a small LCD screen).
Sorry for this "James Bond-esque" topic, but I'm just too curious...

Lorenzo

OK. You might want to try the following and good luck!!

http://www.spy-equipment-buying-guide.com/spy-stores.html
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Sorry you had to deal with such nonsense, TB... Magiknut calls you ignorant and claims to be professional in the same paragraph...funny! Maybe if these secrets revealed are hurting his art, then its time for new routines. And below you will find a positive response, much to his dismay!

Yes, there are various versions of pencams available. If you have a spy shop locally, they should carry them or be able to get them. My friend who has a surveilance company uses them regularly to sit on desks when in interviews.

But as far as seeing what is being written, not sure that is possible do to the closeness of the pen to the paper. One thing you might check into are pads that are wireless to a laptop. What is written on the pad shows up on the laptop screen. Great for stage as most audience members are to nervous to start examining things while in front of a group of people. Wouldnt hand it out in a walkaround atmosphere.

Just have your laptop hidden in a box or under a table, and get a peek of the screen at some point of time. There are cheaper ways of doing a duplication routine though.

Sorry I wasnt able to chastise you more... figure youve had enough of that!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Sharpie Pen (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL