We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Produce bowling pin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Any ideas on how I could accomplish this?
I've tried 'splash bottle' and a topit with little success. Smile
Timothy
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama, USA
174 Posts

Profile of Timothy
Feed the pin from your topit to a hank.

Easy?
iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
1) Hide the pin
2) Secrectly steal the pin
3) Produce it in a magical way

How about King Solomon's Drink Production??

Joe
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York
moilima
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of moilima
Search for any appearing bottle efects. Michael Ammar have a great one in "Magic Mastery and you". There is an even better one from David Stone. I hope that helps
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5735 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
You'll just have to experiment with where to carry the pin. I once saw a performer produce three bottles of wine -- a small one, a 750 mL one and a magnum. He then made each vanish, away from all furniture. Yes, they were real bottles! And he performed it in tight clothes. If he could find a place for the bottles, the bowling pin should be much easier.

You'll probably have to design your own holder for the pin and secure it in different positions with safety pins.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5344 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I suspect that a bowling pin will be much to heavy for a coat mounted Topit. It would tend to pull the one side of the coat out of shape.

An “Upside Down Topit” or “Tommy Wonder Hold Out” would work well. The weight is borne by the shoulder, not the jacket.

Finally, there are a multitude of steals that can be performed with the pin loaded elsewhere (not loaded on the person).

I don’t know why the "Splash” gimmick did not work for you. As an experiment for his post I set up a ninepin-bowling pin (that’s all I have) in a “Splash” gimmick and it worked fine. I adjusted the pin more forward of the hip than I do with a beer bottle.

I also jury-rigged a simple device. I put a simple suction cup at the end of a string. The other end I pinned to the shoulder seam of my jacket. The suction cup was affixed to the bottom of the pin and the pin let hang under my jacket (had to play with the length of the string a bit). Anyway, lean forward a bit and the pin is delivered right into the hand. Yes there is a lot that I am leaving out of this method but if you are serious you’ll figure it out by playing with it.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
The pin I have is about 30 cm in height and weighs about 3 kilos Smile
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
Your question implies that you want to do this from a body load. Three kilos is a lot of weight unless you make a harness for it.

Could you use a plastic pin? How about a juggling club? Or, if the pin you have is wood, could it be hollowed out?

It would be much simpler to get the load from behind a table or other prop. How would that fit into your routine?

Why a bowling pin? Probably because it's part of a routine. What comes just before this production?

There are many possible solutions to your problem. The best one depends on many factors.

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5344 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Then of course you could always find Bob Read’s Bottle Production booklet and do what he did. He used no special holder. He used strong misdirection and comedy and managed to produce a large, full, bottle of wine. I actually watched him produce a Magnum of Champagne once. That is larger and heaver than a bowling pin.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Try Hank Lee's new trick with 3 primary 24" colored silks. I can't remember the name, but it is set up to make a great steal of large objects.

Dynamike
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5344 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
That “new” Hank Lee trick has been around for about 20 years. I bought one from Hank back in the mid 70’s (1976). It is called “THIS” (don’t ask me what the name means, I haven’t a clue!). Don’t even try the new search engine on Hank’s web site. It is almost worthless. Go right to:

http://www.hanklee.net/cgibin/quikstore.......arch=yes

Hope this helps.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Hahahaha... have you had trouble with that thing too Harry? I also gave up on it. I love the company and will continue to do business with them but darn that so called search engine. Smile

Always looking forward to your posts,

Randy Stewart
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Produce bowling pin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL