We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Touch From Across the Room....Kicker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hello Everyone

I have been thinking about the PK touch (A Touch From Across the Room)
And have a REAL ending for it! (I hope) LOL
I have also thought of a method to do this!

I thought that I would at least share the idea of what happens with you guys and gals.

After the spectator has commented about being touched by someone two or three times with no one near her, you then ask her to stand perfectly still and to empty her mind.She is to keep her eyes open!

The performer (that’s you) who is across the room concentrates and after a few moments raises both of his hands upward and in a wide sweeping motion pushes the air toward the spectator. Within 2 to 3 seconds the spectator feels a push of air hitting her hard. The audience sees the spectators clothing and hair move and fly about, as if she was hit by a gust of wind!

A strong wind that had been pushed by YOU from across the room!

What do you think, dumb or would it enhance the effect? Let me know your thoughts on this.

Ray
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
You go Ray!!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Profile of MichaelSibbernsen
This idea (and most likely the same method) has been tossed around a few times over the years, mostly in conjunction with theatrical seances requiring ghostly contact. An interesting side benefit, is the ability to also transmit scents (of a rose, perfume, etc.) There are some major drawbacks to the usually suggested method, some of which can be lessened or circumvented, but not completely eliminated. I'll send you a PM with some details that may be of interest.

Michael
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
As long as you don't need 20 feet of invisible thread, it sounds great!

;)
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Michael,
I was not aware of this being discussed before. I am new to this type of entertainment and have these ideas that just pop into my brain.

I think that this would kill on stage of platform.

I also have a really weird idea for the bizarre people! I am not sure if it is to far over the edge but would like to talk to someone about it. Someone that won’t market it without ME! LOL

tian_ci,
That is funny!

Ray
Fizzban Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
and Jedi Knight
204 Posts

Profile of Fizzban Magic
Quote:
On 2007-05-01 01:13, tian_ci wrote:

;)

Nope, just one of these....

http://www.airzooka.com/
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

James T
That is funny, I guess that I could duck tape it to the top of my head. LOL
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Hi Ray,
You are in good company. Ormand McGill wrote this up in his "Psychic magic" that was republished in "The New Tops" back in the 40's I believe. His patter was
"animal magnetism" using the Mesmer slant.

See, great minds do think alike!!!
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
David de Leon
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
417 Posts

Profile of David de Leon
Ray, the picture you paint is certainly dramatic (hands raised, participant’s clothing fretted by wind), and I think you would do well to pursue that image in the context of some other routine! In the context of a PK touches-type of routine I think there is a risk that the audience will take the visible gust of wind at the end to have been your method all along (i.e. that you are creating the touches by some method of blowing).
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

David,
Very GOOD point! I see where you are coming from. Yes, it would take away from the effect. Less is more.

After reading your post I have to agree with you. It would be out of place.

I will have to think of a reason for the gust of wind with another routine. Now where is my thinking cap?

I can't wait to see what I am going to come up with! LOL

Best
Ray
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
The wind idea sounds cool but as David said it might make the specs suspicious so...

Instead of a gust of wind, you could get them to fall over (onto something soft of course!) as if you've pushed them from afar
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
Quote:
On 2007-05-01 01:24, James T wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-05-01 01:13, tian_ci wrote:

;)

Nope, just one of these....

http://www.airzooka.com/

This one was used in Mark Strivings Comedy Mental routine. He called it "The ACME Thought Transmitter".
The problem is, when don´t want to use it for a comedy routine, that it makes a lot of noise. But you realy feel the air.
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Touch From Across the Room....Kicker (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL