We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Micro Outhouse (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
When I saw that the Outhouse was being reproduced in Wolf's micro series, I just couldn't resist ordering one! Even though I own the original, the smaller size will be more practical for birthday parties and parlour shows (even for close-up?) The Outhouse is my FAVOURITE Wolf prop, and I have most of 'em. Well, now I have both Outhouses in front of me. The micro version is just so CUTE! It fits snugly in the palm of the hand, with easy one-handed operation, and the mechanics are simplicity itself. The plot, based on "Chattering Teeth", is one of the most brilliant re-workings of an effect I've ever seen. Terry Seabrooke's original idea makes so much more "sense", when the teeth chomp at toilet paper instead of a newspaper - as well as being considerably more funny!
On a practical level, the Micro Outhouse is very workable. The original version, though quite, quite brilliant, was very large, quite heavy, and because it's also a stunning work of art, I've used it only for "special" shows. Now I can take my micro version anywhere.
OK, the actual quality - well, the first thing I noticed when I collected my parcel, was how SMALL and LIGHT it was. Has Chance sent me an empty box, I wondered? When I opened it up I realised how tiny it is - just 175mm tall. It looks every bit as cartoon-like as it's big daddy, and works perfectly, with a great "clacking" noise (the teeth chomping), and a cool cloud of confetti pouring from the roof. Attention to detail is all you'd expect from Wolf's Magic. There's something about this version that appeals, and honestly, the prop is one of the most unusual "magic" props ever made.
I just love this trick! Now I'll be including it with my Birthday shows for older kids. This is one hugely original effect, and plays great for everyone. From my experience performing this, I know that adults and older kids find it hilarious. Younger kids also enjoy the effect in a family show, though I wouldn't perform it for a group of five-year olds.
Here's a chance to put some "toilet humour" into your show without causing any offence whatsoever. Buy this before it sells out - who knows if and when Chance will ever make any more?

It should play fine to a group of up to about 20, maybe 30, but that's about the limit I would guess. The original is huge, and would play in a theatre!
amazingvijay
View Profile
Regular user
N. California Bay Area
184 Posts

Profile of amazingvijay
I am new to this forum - what is the effect please?

Vijay
N California Bay Area magician
http://www.amazingvijay.com
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
It's called "The Outhouse" and was made by Wolf's Magic. It is now sold out and no longer in production. Here is a link for the original.

http://www.wolfsmagic.com/the%20Outhouse.htm

You can, however, get the "micro" version.

http://www.wolfsmagic.com/Wacky_Wolf_Micro_Magic_Series2.htm

Mark.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3722 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I'll have to order my Wolf's Magic Micro Series #2 soon...Series #1 is on the way.

Steve
Mogwai II
View Profile
Veteran user
The Alpes
314 Posts

Profile of Mogwai II
I just got it! WOW! Its beatiful. I actually wanted to buy the big one, but since I came too late, wasn't able to. When I saw he's remaking it as Micro version, I just had to have it!

Just one Question:

Isn't it possible to "block" the black lever in the back? Its almost too loud for my taste, and I think the confetti would fly higher as well...?
"You'll wonder when he comes, you'll wonder more when he's gone..."
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3722 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
My Micro Outhouse came in 2 weeks ago, and it's in the display case, right across from my full-size Outhouse. Wonderful items. I may take it while ballooning tonight, and see if I could work it into a table sometime during the night for one of my regular customers (they always come back to see some new magic) and see!

On the subject...about the clacker sound, it is loud if you're just running through the routine, but once you get some people around, with the sound of their reactions, it won't be deafening. The clacking is a major part of the effect, as well. Grandpa couldn't do it without the noise, ya know.

Steve
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1422 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I this really suitable in size for a parlour birthday show? I might consider it as I like Wolf's stuff and am interested in a Chattering Teeth effect. But I'm a little concerned it is so little . . . The full-sized one is four times as tall, but I expect it is hopelessly expensive on e-bay. How much was the original price on the full-sized when it was being sold retail? Anyone know? Thanks.
dking66
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of dking66
$1,700.00... I believe... and worth every penny and then some!
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3722 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I don't actually think I've ever seen one for sale on ebay...I might've missed it, but I doubt it. If it did sell, it would probably go for somewhere over the two thousand dollar mark, I'm sure.

Steve
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
If someone has an Outhouse they'd like to sell then please keep me in mind. I have the mini and would love the big brother. I would like to write a magical poiem that tells the tale of grandpa...rhyming potty patter...I love it!
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3722 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I've considered selling mine, but our Café brother Clownboy told me that if I did, he'd beat me to death with a balloon.

Steve
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Come on Steve..you can't tell me that you're really scared of clowns! LOL

I'm you guy!
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3722 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
My daughter has a shirt that says (white writing on black shirt) "Can't sleep clowns will eat me" over and over and over with the size of the print decreasing with each sentence...

Understand?

Steve
mfreno
View Profile
New user
Dexter, Michigan
72 Posts

Profile of mfreno
One thing concerning the clacker is that if you tape it off to the side it allows the confetti to fly higher. It is a matter of preference.
Louis LaLaurie
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
79 Posts

Profile of Louis LaLaurie
Quote:
On 2007-05-02 16:27, amazingvijay wrote:
I am new to this forum - what is the effect please?

Vijay

Vijay,
This wolf items seem big and heavy to carry to parties? Anyone have this items to comment?
mfreno
View Profile
New user
Dexter, Michigan
72 Posts

Profile of mfreno
This is a discussion for the Micro Outhouse which is a functional miniature of the original Outhouse. It weighs less than a pound but it big enough to play for 20-30 people.
Louis LaLaurie
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
79 Posts

Profile of Louis LaLaurie
Here doing "potty humor" is looked at as barbaric to say least. It is an item I would be highly embarrassed of to even to audience display much less use. It is, how you say: hillbilly white trash magic
mfreno
View Profile
New user
Dexter, Michigan
72 Posts

Profile of mfreno
To insult the routine and the prop without knowing anything about it is rude!
Clownboy
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Clownboy
Steve, I will hunt you down and skin you like Road Kill if you sell that Outhouse!

Regards,
'Crazed Clown'
As the Frogs say "Times Fun when you're having Flies" Smile
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
"Here doing "potty humor" is looked at as barbaric to say least. It is an item I would be highly embarrassed of to even to audience display much less use. It is, how you say: hillbilly white trash magic"

hillbilly white trash magic??!!
I guess bagging on American humor/social class is perfectly acceptable but God forbid we make a joke about the doody house in Paris.
Man, you guys need to lighten up...maybe you will smile more often.

Chance Wolf
Creator of the OUTHOUSE and *** proud of it even if I never get a gig in Europe Smile
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Micro Outhouse (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL