The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Micro Outhouse (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Louis.......please go back to sleep.
Louis LaLaurie
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
79 Posts

Profile of Louis LaLaurie
Quote:
On 2007-09-22 11:07, MoonRazor wrote:
Louis.......please go back to sleep.

I think you are asleep. I am simply stating my opinion. Perhaps I come off rude? I perhaps have a strange sense of humor but am trying to provoke conversation here. Is it not condemned in America by children entertainers to do potty humor? Is it not deemed hillbilly white trash? Everyone crucifies Silly Billy for diaper on head, but an outhouse, an icon of lower classes in American "back woods" is deemed ok?
If you cannot handle a critique then why be on a forum? I can take you say I'm rude, and I do not care. It was said on other thread "egg shells", what a silly place if you have to walk on these! Perhaps the vendors are simply looking for supporters and want to sell, instead of looking at what they make as contributing, or not, to an artform. I have good sense of humor, and know there are many more jokes to make that have none to do with outhouse. I like Chance other tricks, very good taste I think! Funny! But not this, this is my opinion. It should be respected as much as your own or this is NOT a true forum.
Mfreno, I did look at Chance site and see "prop" and read about it when it was normal size. I guess you think that somehow everyone must like it or they are not correct? Ignorant!
Mr. Chance, I do smile a lot. And know my clients would not smile if I presented this. Just because you make it does not mean everyone must like it. I suspect even those you would call hillbilly do not want to be called such and would take offense if you presented this as insulting their intelligence? Even the poorest of the world have more dignity than many of the wealthy.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3723 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Hello...I live in Mississippi, and I know people who probably still have one of these (no longer in use, hopefully) in their backyards or on their land. These people do not take offense to the appearance or use of this prop at all. I have both the larger and the micro, and have used both in all sorts of venues with all different types of audiences. Some of the areas in the Mississippi delta don't have indoor plumbing or running water inside, and they would still laugh at the sight of an outhouse, especially if it's used in a comedic routine with magic.

No homeless person ever took offense to Red Skelton's hobo character, did they? No country people ever took offense to the television show "Hee Haw", did they?

Steve Thomas
chris mcbrien
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1235 Posts

Profile of chris mcbrien
I would bet Louis may not be familiar with these characters, Steve. It may simply be a difference in culture, here.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
It just sounds like Louis' act doesn't suit an effect like The Outhouse. It's a bit daft to call it "hillbilly" though, do you really know what that means, Louis? The original prop as I said above, is large and heavy, though HIGHLY appealing visually, frankly the most beautiful magic prop I've ever seen. Forget "hillbilly" and think "Tom and Jerry". The routine is funny, and utterly non-offensive (unless you choose to make it so). The Micro prop is very cute and portable, though really I've found I use it mostly for small groups of about 15-20. Plays great for ages 7+, as it's a card trick. the original Outhouse is truly a work of art, and no pictures will ever really do it justice.
Here's a little poem (not mine) which fits the Outhouse plot perfectly:
There once was a man from Blackheath
On the toilet he left his false teeth
He went to the loo
But before he could poo...
He had bitten himself underneath!

I had a US version too, but I fgorget what it was....
:) Potty
Clownboy
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Clownboy
HA HA HA! LMAO!!

Good one Potty!

Brad
As the Frogs say "Times Fun when you're having Flies" Smile
Clownboy
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Clownboy
Hey, does anyone know if the Micro Outhouse is fully functional to its larger version?

I mean, Steve promised to sell me his when he decides he finished with it. But that may be a very Loooonnnnggg wait! I may just have to settle for the Micro Version for now.

Brad
As the Frogs say "Times Fun when you're having Flies" Smile
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
It's esxactly the same as the larger version, except not quite as beautifully handmade - the wooden panels all over the prop are painted on the Micro, but are actually funkily cut strips of wood on the original. also, the original has a modern toilet bowl which flushes, whereas the Micro version has an old fashioned flat wooden seat with a hole in it. Otherwise, they're the same for performance purposes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Micro Outhouse (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL