The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Question about selling lecture notes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brent Allan
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
415 Posts

Profile of Brent Allan
I have an idea, and I thought I wold post here and get some feedback.

I have been performing now for about 14 years. In that time, I have done table-hopping, cabaret magic, comedy magic, and mentalism. I have also come up with some original effects and handlings of well known props.

My thought is that I would produce a set of "lecture notes" outlining my routines, some of my touches, and some of my views on our artform.

My thoughts were also to also record a companion video of actual performances of these routines and put it on a CD Rom. This would allow people not only to see the timing in the routines, but also better visualize the handlings for props and things like that.

Since I am relatively unknown in magic circles (except locally), I am curious if there would be any commercial interest in this? Would people be interested in learning some practical, usable magic from a virtual unknown?
Turn your business card into a relentless salesperson that brings you business!

http://www.TransformYourBusinesscard.com
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
541 Posts

Profile of martini
Brent, if your material is good and solid workable stuff, you will not remain unknown for long. The guys working in the trenches are always seeking workable good material, so go for it, and good luck.
All the Best
Marty
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
Hello,

I have just come across your post regarding producing a lecture CD.

I would recommend this path, as it is a very cost effective way of producing lecture material, that is visual and worth for the buyer.

Video demonstrations are essential, I would also suggest that you produce the actual lecture notes in digital form on the cd. Martin Lewis has been doing this to good effect. So has Jay Scott Berry.

I have been involved a number of audiovisual presentations for the magic market. If you need any help whatsoever let me know.
Brent Allan
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
415 Posts

Profile of Brent Allan
Mopcrays,

Thank you for your advice. I think I will definitely go that route!
Turn your business card into a relentless salesperson that brings you business!

http://www.TransformYourBusinesscard.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Question about selling lecture notes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL