The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » 4CAST By: U.Dor & D. Weisberg (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

yago
View Profile
New user
Israel
11 Posts

Profile of yago
I saw a demo of this effect, and I was very impressed.
Udi, my friend, is an electronics engineer and a magician. He used both skills in order to create a brilliant "Hi Tech effect", which combines mentalism, cards and multimedia. A very unique effect
Please look at:
http://www.pro-magic.com/xcart/product.p......p;page=1

Yago
yago
÷ĺńí
Udi
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Udi
Hi Yago,
Thank you for the nice review Smile

I've created this effect some times back, mostly for personal use... and just recently (after several magician colleagues requests) I decided to make it public.

please let me describe the effect for those who are not familiar with it:
in general it's an impossible "Do as I do effect".
you play a movie (on your computer) to your audience. in the movie they see a deck of cards being spreaded on the table and shuffled. then from the mess of cards a single card is chosen (still face down) - you pause the movie and let them to do the same.
when you resume the movie... the card on the screen is identical to the one they have in their hand !
any card can be chosen, there is no force, it's very easy to use... and it's so "Clean". I tested it 10 times with the same persons, and they just couldn't find the method.

the video... the cards... the background music... and the striking ending make it very impressive. on the other hand the simplicity makes it feels like a "Real" magic.

I have it in my laptop, and my sedktop at work. I do a lot of magic to friends and family (mostly close up & mentalism), and I humbly think this one is one of the effects which impress them most... I get great responses for it, and it's very common to get in the end of the show remarks like "just do the computer thing one more time before you leave".

I'm really proud of it, and I hope you'll enjoy it too.
please check the link Yago mentioned above, I would appreciate any comment.

Thanks,
Udi.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1615 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Does the video really have that cut to a title card before the card is revealed?
Udi
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Udi
There are three of these slides during the movie, and I guess the asnwer to your question is yes and no Smile

Yes - that's what you see in the media player.
No - the video doesn't necessarily have that.

anyway, because it's a common media player, they usually suspect the deck of cards. looking for the way you "forced" them to pick their card.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Can I ask if this IS just a clever force of a card that is so clever it couldn't even be called a force? If so it makes it even better!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » 4CAST By: U.Dor & D. Weisberg (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL