The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » My New Business Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
I ran across a post on one of the forums I am on referring to Kipp Sherry's magic site. I went there ( http://www.kippsherrymagic.com ) and saw the ad for King's Fool. This is a business card and a card trick combined.

I was amazed when I say the advertising movie and decided to get the do it yourself kit. Well DANG!!! IT WORKS!! This little effect with my infor on will be shown to everyone's friends that gets one. It is a fantastic sales tool. The basis of it is you show the faces of 5 cards, 4 black and a red king in the middle. You then turn the card over so the backs of the cards are shown and ask the person to put a paper clip on the red king. They obviously put it on the center card and when you show the faces again the paper clip is on off to the side on a black card.

What's nice is that the backs of the cards has your business infor on it. So when the person shows this new "trick" that you gave him all the spectators will see your name on the back of the cards.

Everyone I have shown this to has been totally amazed and has been showing it all over the place.

Peter.
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
This looks like a spam site with a bunch of popups. Where is the info you are referring to?
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
I got the same thing. I just got out of there. Didn't even bother to search....

Steve
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
From another thread, Kipp shared this link:

http://www.kippsherrymagic.info/promotio......ntro.htm

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
.info instead of .com

I got one of these tricks a long time ago and it is a cute puzzle that makes them think. Sounds like a great idea to me.
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
MNUTS!!! Yep I screwed up on the site it is
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info/promotio......ntro.htm

I typed in .Com and that is wrong It is .INFO

Peter

Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Thanks!
joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
Why do most magicians see the need to do a magic trick with their business card? I think it seems cheesey and lame!

Josh
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Quote:
On 2007-05-10 16:03, joshlondon17 wrote:
Why do most magicians see the need to do a magic trick with their business card? I think it seems cheesey and lame!

Josh

You may be right Josh, however, the clients LOVE it. Plus when they show all their friends they see my name on the card. Why just do a one on one card when you can make sure your name is out in front of 10 people for every one card. May be cheesy but it is good marketing.

joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
I'm not trying to be rude, but how does one know that the clients "LOVE" it?

I think that a lot of magicians think from the magic point of view, not the clients or prospective clients point of view.

Therefore I believe one who gives their card so freely without "qualifying" a prospect will be treated like a "dime a dozen" performer.

What seperates you from someone else? Because you give out your business card which has a magic trick on it?

Also, who's to say that the person feels obligated to take your card until you leave?

I know many will say, "I've given my magic business card to XXX, and he still has it 5 years later!" Well good for XXX, but did he book you?

Josh
Dan Paulus
View Profile
Veteran user
Utah is isolated from the real world by
343 Posts

Profile of Dan Paulus
Kipp sent me a sample of this long ago. I love the idea and Kipp did a good job with the graphics.
Kipp, if you're reading this, PM me. We need to touch base again.
There is no great genius without a mixture of madness. - Aristotle
Aristotle

www.danscomedymagic.com
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Quote:
On 2007-05-11 00:54, joshlondon17 wrote:
I'm not trying to be rude, but how does one know that the clients "LOVE" it?
-----------------------
Well good for XXX, but did he book you?

You answered your own question.

Magic as a whole is perceived as cheesy by some, but if it works as entertainment ... it works, and if an effect or sales strategy brings bookings ... that's the gauge of whether it works.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
Ross,

You can't be serious!!??

"Magic as a whole is perceived as cheesy by some, but if it works as entertainment ... it works"

Obviously you take NO pride in what you do as a magician.

Someone who says that cannot entertain an audience correctly and is ok with being "cheesey!"

I hope that a lot of people on here disagree with you on that one! I doubt Copperfield, McBride, Jeff Hobson, Brett Daniels, Hans Klok, etc. view our art as chhesey and just accept it!

Josh London
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
I don't think Ross was saying magic is cheesy. Some people (general public) think magic is cheesy. Just like some people think American Idol is cheesy (or anything else that is popular to others).
joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
The problem is that Ross says, "If it works, it works." Making it sound like he doesn't care.

Either which way you look at it the statement Ross made above was in no way helping the art advance.

And, I for one would have been horrified to hear that if I was just starting out in magic seeking ways to grow my business.

Josh London
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
477 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
Peter,
Thanks for the review.

Dan,
I pmed you.

Josh London,

You appear to have taken us off topic, but I will respond. Some people do find magic cheesy and I'm married to one. The last time David Copperfield came to town my wife chose not to go, so my daughter and I went without her and we enjoyed the show. My wife's opinion does not change in the least the fame and accomplishments of David Copperfield, and I for one don't consider his magic cheesy. That's just my wifes opinion. Lay people like that do exist.

But to get us back on topic, I don't understand why you are belittling a product that you do not own and have not tried out on your audience members. I know that clients LOVE it since I have given these out for a lot of years and I see the reactions it gets. And yes, it does get me bookings as well.

But if you are unwilling to take my word for it, you should visit my web site and see some of the "Professional" magicians who are using Kings Fool. They include 25 year veterans of the trade show business, child psychologists, marketing firms, and more. And they are scattered all around the world.

If that does not impress you, then take a look at what our piers have to say in their reviews. They include

Magic Magazine - February 2007 Issue by Peter Duffie
M.U.M. Magazine - March 2007 Issue by Bill Palmer
The Linking Ring Magazine - April 2007 Issue by Mike Gorman
GoMagicGo.com - May 2007 Episode 084 by Andy Charlton

Just in case you don't subscribe to these resources,I have them posted at my web site. Click here.

Keep in mind that Kings Fool is designed as a "Marketing Tool"! It works very well because it is also a "Magic Trick" that can be easily performed by the person you give it to, and they do perform it for their friends. Every time they perform Kings Fool, they are presenting my name in front of someone I have never met. Now here is the power of the marketing. Those that I give the card to will hire me for a show. Second, sometimes I do a little impromptu magic for a crowd and then hand out my card. I have had people actually say "Oh, I've seen your card before." Now they put a face with the card and it gets more paying jobs. It's called Marketing! It's called Branding! You decide for yourself if your performance is cheesy, but marketing is a number's game, and that's where Kings Fool helps out. Multiple exposure from a single card increases those numbers.

I also say, "if it works, it works." And I do care, because magic is how I make my living. Myself and many others agree that Kings Fool WORKS!

So Josh, just a suggestion if I may be so bold. Make the small investment of $29.95 to purchase Kings Fool. After you've tried it out on your audience then I would love to hear your review (good or bad) based on your first hand experience.

I don't even know you Josh, but I'll make a deal [u]just for you[/u]. If you purchase Kings Fool and you seriously find that it has no value, then send it back to me and I will refund your purchase 100% including the shipping cost. But here's the catch. If you like it, write a review. If you don't like it, then I'll introduce you to my wife. You may have something in common with her. Smile

Until we appear again,
Kipp Sherry
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
Kipp,

Thank you for the offer, but I think you misunderstod. I was not attacking or belittling your effect, but rather business card magic in general.

Also, I do not think that your effect will fit with my character.

Josh
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
From what I have seen, King's Fool looks like a terrific marketing tool. It looks like something that can entertain the original person that it is given to, and it is easy to believe that many people that receive it will, in turn, demonstrate their newly acquired trick to other people.

This item has some serious potential for a lot of working magicians, but probably not the cool, elite ones that do not require this sort of marketing assistance to begin with.

Will I replace my business cards with this? No. The business card should reflect your own personal branding, and for me, that is not an optical illusion card trick.

However, as an additional marketing tool, this thing has potential.

My 2¢

Chris
mikeypresto
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of mikeypresto
I bought kings fool from kipp and it has really got a lot of conversation from the client taking it.

I show them the trick, then offer it to them, they become eager to share it with someone else.

all the while my biz card is in everyones view while the trick is being performed
Magically,

Mikey
Dan Paulus
View Profile
Veteran user
Utah is isolated from the real world by
343 Posts

Profile of Dan Paulus
Just got my Kings Fool disc and tried it out.
Kipp my friend you did a great job! Nice job taking an old "gotcha" trick that made the watcher feel stupid and turning it into something you'll "share"
(As long as they agree to advertise your shows for FREE!)

The video instructions are easy to follow, the artwork excellent.

What I love about it most is that you get to teach the recipients a trick without tipping any real well guarded secrets. Plus, they can do it right-away. They feel good, you feel great!

I'll be sending these out to some of my key clients this week, and carry a few with me for now on.

Thanks Kipp!
There is no great genius without a mixture of madness. - Aristotle
Aristotle

www.danscomedymagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » My New Business Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL