The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Converter? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Has anybody got the lowdown of 'Converter'?
There is the blurb and a video demo on hocus pocus. It was on the 2nd page of new products last time I looked.

Cheers
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I think this is a neat little gimmick. It's well-made and works great. You can add it to a regular deck of cards and perform an amazing tunnel or card warp effect. (See Hocus Pocus videos.)

I got a red Bicycle gaff, but I assume it comes in blue, as well. Recommended.

Robert
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I got mine today and all I can say is my jaw hit the floor when I did it for the first time. I mean it is so practical, the gimmick is made beutifully and I can see my self getting another one right now, just in case I lose this one. I have to say, and this is a bold statement for me "This is going into my routine right away" One of, if not the best buys for me this year. My wife even was fooled, and that is saying alot. When you pull the face up card out after showing the tunnel effect, is very disarming. A definate buy for this year fellas. Hocus Pocus had it to me within 5 days, amazing considering that I am in Canada. Really guys get this now before this gem is sold out. Someone said it could be the next WOW, and I agree.
Regards,
Jeremy Hanrahan
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Nice review Jeremy. Thanks for that. What happens if you push your WOW through the converter Smile
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Received mine two days ago and I love it, just so easy to do, and the gimmick is sooo brilliantly constructed and covert. I really cannot see how anyone can get caught with this gimmick, very elusive, considering the "Converter" is made out of real Bicycle cards. Without a doubt, this "WILL" be one of my favorite's to perform. This is one of them ingenious card gimmicks that come around once in a blue moon. Simply put; "AWESOME"!!! Highly recommended for anyone, whether you love cards or not, this is a must have, very visual and amazing effect.

Paul
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
On 2007-05-17 06:17, Piz wrote:
Received mine two days ago and I love it, just so easy to do, and the gimmick is sooo brilliantly constructed and covert. I really cannot see how anyone can get caught with this gimmick, very elusive, considering the "Converter" is made out of real Bicycle cards. Without a doubt, this "WILL" be one of my favorite's to perform. This is one of them ingenious card gimmicks that come around once in a blue moon. Simply put; "AWESOME"!!! Highly recommended for anyone, whether you love cards or not, this is a must have, very visual and amazing effect.

Well said!!!
Paul
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
What is the difficulty level? are there any sleights such as DL? I am not too keen on those. Thanks.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
One DL, that's as hard as it gets.

Paul
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
Thanks Paul,
Any good books, dvds or other source to learn the DL?
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
On 2007-05-17 11:31, samdan wrote:
Thanks Paul,
Any good books, dvds or other source to learn the DL?

pm me and I will sent you in the right direction, just to clear something up first, do you know what a dl is?

Regards,
Jeremy Hanrahan
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
On 2007-05-17 10:47, samdan wrote:
What is the difficulty level? are there any sleights such as DL? I am not too keen on those. Thanks.

Uber easy.
Amade3us
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
139 Posts

Profile of Amade3us
Heh. You said uber. That made me smile. I don't feel like the only loser anymore.

Anyways, thanks for the review, Jeremy. Because you know, I really need to spend even more money....

-Dustin
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2007-05-17 11:50, Amade3us wrote:
Heh. You said uber. That made me smile. I don't feel like the only loser anymore.

Anyways, thanks for the review, Jeremy. Because you know, I really need to spend even more money....

-Dustin

Get it, you will love it. To be honest, if I had to choose between Converter or WOW for a first impression, I would choose this. For me at-least, WOW screams gimmick to many hecklers, and non-hecklers alike. Many times after performing WOW I have been asked to hand it over, or have received comments like "what a cool devise, where'd ya get it". Converter is amazingly visual, uses a very covert gimmick (no one to bust you out), and I can almost guarantee you that no one will ever ask if they can see the deck (as you can do FS before the trick begins, they see it is a normal deck). This is just simply an incredible effect, looks totally impromptu, clean, and obviously impossible.

Paul
Amade3us
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
139 Posts

Profile of Amade3us
Gah----For the record, you guys suck. I might have been able to keep from making the purchase until your last post, Paul. This just looks soooo good. I never had a bit of interest in WOW for the reasons you stated, but this thing really sounds as perfect as it gets.

Thanks...I guess. Smile

-Dustin
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
317 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
Glad you ended up liking the effect Piz. I didn't hear back from you Smile

Converter is a fabulous effect. The gimmick is well built, and works fabulously. Definately recommended.!
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
This Looks like a winner.

But why are you guys comparing this with WOW ??

We are talking about visual change against under cover. both are totally diffrent effects. I guess WOW is under cover but you can see the full(?) face of card during the change.

I like WOW and I like the looks of converter as well.

I've seen a similar change before where the card is pushed throuht a sandwich of two cards intead of full deck. I don't know how this gaff is diffrent to other becouse the effect looks VERY similar.
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
I compare converter with wow because they are both clever gimmicks with very visual outcomes. And Converter is resonably priced. I always thought WOW was priced a little on the high side even though it's a classic effect.

I just received my converter and it looks like a winner.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Quote:
On 2007-05-17 14:17, Mehtas wrote:

I've seen a similar change before where the card is pushed throuht a sandwich of two cards intead of full deck. I don't know how this gaff is diffrent to other becouse the effect looks VERY similar.

The similar effect is called "Push Thru 2" by Tim Star. Personally, I prefer the "Converter".

Robert
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
On 2007-05-18 16:09, Robert M wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-05-17 14:17, Mehtas wrote:

The similar effect is called "Push Thru 2" by Tim Star. Personally, I prefer the "Converter".

Robert

BTW thanks man for pointing this out to me and endorsing it.
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
The more I play with this the more I like it. I've impressed with how smooth the gimmick operates. It's not fussy at all. When the card is shown half and half, then goes to full spectators signed card is smooth as silk. This is a great effect.

Thanks Runawayjag for recommending this one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Converter? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL