The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Converter? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
sailorphil
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of sailorphil
Best new gimmick I have seen in a long time, I think we sold half a dozen yesterday at the store. We recieved 18 units about a week and a half ago have only seven left. - for our store that is a big seller.

I liked WOW also, but looks like a prop in my opinion, compared to Converter.

Easy to do, depending on how you decide to control the card, I have watched a few different routines, one where spectator gets a free choice of card, one where a card is forced and one where a blank face is introduced and signed ( a regular card is forced and then converted back into the blank signed card )

All in all - a great trick - we even had a vetran magician who normally doesn't buy new tricks - purchase this one yesterday. - that to me was high praise.

Phil
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17037 Posts

Profile of joseph
When I watched the demo, I wanted it....Now I really will order converter... Smile..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1078 Posts

Profile of taller8
I prefer Converter over Wow too and at over half the price. Both are great though, but putting the card back inside the deck is much nicer then putting it into a strange looking card holder.

But the comparisons are obvious because both effects are extremely visual and requires basic cards sleights.
sailorphil
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of sailorphil
I just watched one of the guys that work here demo it and had the gimmick bckwrds, the people were still blown away.

Phil
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
689 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Do you have to specify which color you want or does it only come in blue back?

ps) I've already ordered one, but I'm just hoping it's red.

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
sailorphil
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of sailorphil
We have had two different lots come into Kind of Magic (shameless plug) so far and both times they were all red back.

Phil
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello,

The gimmick is only available in red back Bicycle.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
From Florida but all over US now....
294 Posts

Profile of donkeys and waffles
I must have this, this is very visual. I was going to hold out too but the reviews on this are great. I own WOW and although it is a great device, I like the idea of keeping it simple with very little pocket space being occupied. This can be left on top of deck inside the card case with no issues or destroying concerns correct ?

Donkeys and Waffles
3 people can keep a secret if two of them are dead... Benjamin Franklin
Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
I have a life, so I only have
589 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
I've been playing with a gimmick called "Switcher" that accomplishes almost the same effect. Is anyone out there familiar with both of these? Would they mind describing the salient differences?

thanks, Doug
"if you have any answers, it's time to ask harder questions!"
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Can anyone give me an idea how you think the gimmick would stand up to say 4 routines per hour for 4 hours times 8 days?

Could it stand up to this kind of use?

Regards
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
This does look good, and very visual, but is it really worth the money? I have been using my own method for doing a very similar effect, but if this is better then I'd pick it up. Could someone list the pros and cons of this?
sailorphil
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of sailorphil
Would it stand up ?

so far it seems fairly durable.

We have demonstrated it probably 80 times already and the gimmick shows ZERO signs of wear, now I can see how it may be a problem taking it to a new deck after this many uses as the edges have that old deck discolouration on the edge that will stand out if I take it to a brand new deck.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1347 Posts

Profile of Piz
I think the only problem would be the discolouration that sailorphil pointed out after many many uses. Also, after seeing how the gimmick works, you should have no problem making your own with a little prescission. By no means am I recommending making your own (I believe you would be violating some laws, not sure), but there will be those who will take it upon themselves and do just that. If anything ever happened to my Converter, I will be first in line to support the creator and buy another one, I am actually thinking about ordering 2 or 3 more right now before they sell out.

Paul
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Looks like I'll be picking this up if it's as good and workable as everyones saying.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1347 Posts

Profile of Piz
Y2John: NO!! This trick is horrible, do not get it, I am ashamed at myself for just ordering 2 more, you will be very disappointed!! lol!! JK!! I hope you have as much fun with your "Converter" as I have had with mine!!

Take care

Paul
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1347 Posts

Profile of Piz
This is funny!! The greatest "Gimmicked" card effect to come along in years and ain't nobody posted yet!! Wonder Why?? HHHMMMMM!! I just spoke with Mr.UMMM from somewhere and from what I understand, every single "Converter" has sold-out nation wide!! Great news!! This effect deserves all the excitement and credibility it deserves, excellent effect and a must have!!!!!

Paul
demente42
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
199 Posts

Profile of demente42
Quote:
On 2007-05-21 12:39, SeaDawg wrote:
Can anyone give me an idea how you think the gimmick would stand up to say 4 routines per hour for 4 hours times 8 days?

Could it stand up to this kind of use?

Regards

We've been using on constant demo in our magic shop and I'm noticing no difference in the gimmick. It will wear like a normal deck of cards would.
Brandon Smith

Imagine The Impossible
www.MagicForAnyOccasion.com

Creator of Dough or No Dough & Show Me the Bunny.
demente42
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
199 Posts

Profile of demente42
Quote:
On 2007-05-20 17:32, Paul Gross wrote:
Hello,

The gimmick is only available in red back Bicycle.

You could easily convert the gimmick to blue as it is a very thin gimmick and attaching a blue backed card to it wouldn't be noticed much. In fact by the way it is gimmicked if you did this blue addition you would actually have a gimmick that could be used with either a red or blue deck so you could do it with a borrowed deck.
Brandon Smith

Imagine The Impossible
www.MagicForAnyOccasion.com

Creator of Dough or No Dough & Show Me the Bunny.
Starromeo
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Starromeo
I am still waiting for mine, will give a review once I received it
sailorphil
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of sailorphil
We now have blue and red... so you can choose which colour you want. Originally I had only thought they came in RED. I was wrong - good news for Blue deck people!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Converter? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL