The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Help with a mind reading routine with cards. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMonkey#3
View Profile
New user
New Orleans
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMonkey#3
Hey, I'm trying to create a good routine using just a pack of card to demonstrate some good mentalism. I plan to do this routine walk around/restaurant , although I may alter it to fit my needs at current time. I want the routine to be completely impromptu and here's what I have come up with so far

1. Out of Sight, Out of mind by Dai Vernon
2. Simple Aritmetic, also by the Professor
3. No Looking by Harry Lorayne
4. Stop! also by Harry Lorayne
5. I definately want to close with Out of This World/Universe.

Basically what I am looking for is any suggestions of tips on creating a good routine or a good red/black separation for OOTW
"For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."-Dunninger
MagicMonkey#3
View Profile
New user
New Orleans
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMonkey#3
Forgot to mention I will also probably use A Mind-Reading trick from Expert at the Card Table
"For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."-Dunninger
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
All great effects but I don't think that these tricks are practical for the venues you are describing.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
I agree with landmark.....

I cant imagine stop! working as part of a restaurant or walkaround set.....

and OOW requires a table and a pretty laid back audience to deal with all the dealing and whatnot(even moreso if you do universe).
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
The firts ever restaurant gig I did I performed OOTW. I never did it again unless requested and if the situation was perfect for it. The tables have wet spots (from drinks for the dirty minded) and the specs hands are sometimes not as clean as you would like them. The moment you put more than four cards on the table you are heading for disaster.
As for your question, script your routines and make them follow a logical order. Every trick and patter should remain within one set character. Don't be a master poker player in one and a great mindreader in the next. They don't go together (usually).
acchessor
View Profile
Elite user
Nebraska
402 Posts

Profile of acchessor
If you have a table to work with, you could do a Card Stab routine. I love the Card Stab routine from "Magic with Cards" by Frank Garcia and George Schindler. It is awesome! Plus, I do CAAN, Double Thought Transposition, and a prediction effect (Numerology by Lennert Green).
MagicMonkey#3
View Profile
New user
New Orleans
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMonkey#3
Let me rephrase, I am working on making more of a list of effects that I can do basically at any given time. I would like to end with OOTW and use Stop! but these are just things I am pasting together. I might cut that out of the routine later if it calls for it. And abc, that's the reason I am asking about your ideas, I usually improvise and normally am jumping from Mr. Serious Mind-Reader to Mr. Ha-Ha-Let's-Have-Fun-and-Pick-a-Card. Actually, just got an idea, I'll use Jay Sankey's Imptomptu OOTW handling to close, only uses a smaller group of cards. Sorry if I described what I am looking for wrong. I really just am looking for a group of tricks that flow well together. I also thought restaurant would give a good point to cut out lengthy routines
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Help with a mind reading routine with cards. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL