The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Spider (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
Anyone using the spider backdrop?
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5830 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I use a wooden Jim Sommers Backdrop; it packs small and light. With the price tag on the Spider, many full-time pros balk at the idea of buying one.
Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
It is kinda pricey, but so cool!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5830 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Cool stuff cuts into the profit margin, everytime. I use the Sommers backdrop because it sets and tears-down quickly, plus it's very light; I think it weighs about 7 pounds. As for size, it's 6'6" tall by 8' wide -- it sure beats a Jet-Set.

I can think of much cooler things to do with my money, that would make it impossible to wipe the smile from my face.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3060 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
There's a fairly comprehensive article on backdrops (including the spider system) at the Secret Arts Journal. http://www.mcbridemagic.com/mw/SAJ/index.html
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
floridamagic
View Profile
Regular user
lakeland Fl
157 Posts

Profile of floridamagic
I use photography stands which pack small and set up about 10x10.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1182 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
The Spider idea is a great quick backdrop. The Spider backdrop is identical to most trade show display backdrops.

My best investment in 2002, besides the Showtech, was a trade show backdrop. I found one on E-bay for $115. They usually retail for around a $1000 but every 3 or 4 weeks, you can find them for a good price.

My backdrop is 8' by 8'.

Sets up the same as the Spider. Set it on the ground, and it is up in 5 seconds. About 1 to 2 minutes for the covering, and your backdrop is done with.
Ray Lum
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Ray Lum
I got 4 sets of the spider backdrop, best thing for corporate!
The Magical World of Ray Lum

www.themagicofraylum.com

ray@themagicofraylum.com
Jay Alexander
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
28 Posts

Profile of Jay Alexander
I have a Spider Backdrop and love it! Quick set-up, looks great, easy tear-down!

Like everything, it seems expensive but if you use it the Spider is well worth the money.

Jay Alexander
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Spider (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL