The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Criss Angel on Oprah (CBS) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4311 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
So yeah Criss Angel is gonna be on Oprah, no that's not a drug he is taking. He's going to read her mind ( I smell her stoogeness ),

Preview here

http://www2.oprah.com/index.jhtml
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver Canada
958 Posts

Profile of A.G.
I was there with Criss and I can assure you that Oprah was not "in" on anything. Criss could not have done a better job... that was a big step for him and Mindfreak... I am proud to have been a part of this season and I hope you enjoy the new stuff.

All the best,
Gerard
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Stooges, Stooges, Stooges....

For all the complaining about them we've all done I am surprised that there was not more excitement about the Oprah appearance as Criss leans more towards real performance ( the upcoming live show ) and gets away from the " TV Magic" .

I missed the show but had it taped. I haven't seen it yet but had a discussion with Walter Blaney the other day and he described it as the "BEST" performance of a straight jacket routine he had ever seen.

Apparantly Oprah is going to do an entire show with Criss as the Luxor show gets ready to open.

Best,

Tim
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20493 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2007-05-10 18:47, G.t.H. wrote:
I was there with Criss and I can assure you that Oprah was not "in" on anything. Criss could not have done a better job... that was a big step for him and Mindfreak... I am proud to have been a part of this season and I hope you enjoy the new stuff.

all the best,
Gerard

Yea working with someone not "in" on anything, had to be a big step for him indeed, if that story is to even be believed.

Funny though, who is in charge of his great new doo?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hi Danny,

I thought the new look was a bit strange as well. I watched Conan last night and saw the getup. It was a bit over the top for me with the bearded stubble and hair style. I'm guessing many thought the same about a long haired hippie some years back but it didn't hurt his career. LOL

I also have a hard time believing that Oprah doesn't know exactly what is going to happen on her show. She might not have been a stooge but she surely knew what Criss was going to perform.

Best,

Tim
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17198 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
When you're past 40 and trying to pass for 30 you got a lot to hide. Probably Chris's best trick. LOL.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20493 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Criss may have very well jumped the shark.

I hope not, there is a lot invested in his Las Vegas deal and I would like to see him succede. He has obviously worked quite hard.

It seems to me he is trying to keep going till it starts. I hope he gets the push he needs. I am not certain Oprah's stay at home mommy crowd is his best audience though. I am not sure those are the ones who watch him to begin with or are going to spend what his show will cost in Sin City. I do wish him the best.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I don't think the Oprah crowd watches "Mindfreak". But, Blaine was on Oprah, so maybe he felt he needed to go there.

Oprah wrote a number on a pad and showed it to the audience. No miracle he guessed it.

Now that I know the stab effects does go wrong, I can't believe he did it.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20493 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
My guess is that he did it in such a way as it would not go wrong. I don't think he is that great an entertainer, but by the same token he is not an idiot either.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-05-12 13:31, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
I don't think the Oprah crowd watches "Mindfreak".

I think that's the point. With millions invested in the new live show its best to market himself to a "new" crowd to help fill seats. It can't hurt. If the Oprah crowd didn't watch him before and still don't he has lost nothing but if they didn't watch him before and now they do he has gained a lot.

I'm also reminded of how the Oprah crowd likes whatever Oprah likes or at least try it. Remember all those best sellers???? LOL

Best,

Tim
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1830 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
It's always wise to market to new people as Tim mentioned. On todays concert tours, you will more than likely see two different genres of music touring together. For instance Pink opening for Lenny Kravitz. Why have an opening act for Kravitz that already appeals to Kravitz fans?...you won't sell anymore tickets. But put in an act not usually listened to by Kravitz fans, but by other fans...and you just succeeded in putting more behinds in the seats.

With Criss going mainstream if that's one way to put it, with his Vegas show, we will see him in more & more conventional places, take CSI:NY for example and Oprah. He certainly doesn't need to spend money advertising to the A&E crowd, he already has them.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20493 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I hope he can "mainstream" himself. That hairdo was NOT the way to do it though.

I hope his show has a chance to get going and hit a stride so it gets a fair judgement, unlike many shows in Vegas. As it is driven only by money it is a sensative subject.

As I said I do not enjoy him, but at least a fair judgement of the market is due him!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3169 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2007-05-10 18:47, G.t.H. wrote:

"Criss could not have done a better job..."

um... without the inflection of speech, this can be taken at least two very different ways.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Criss Angel on Oprah (CBS) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL