The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Part 2 Drunk, Stoned or High (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Hello everyone thanks for all the email and discussions on the Previous thread.(Drunk, Stoned, or High. I have gotten a lot of information from all of you. I just recieved an email from my President of Ring 334. I asked him if I could share it with you and he said yes. So here it is.
May 4, 2007
Jim Lee, President
IBM Ring 334

Re: Comments posted online at the “Magic Café”

Dear Michael Bairefoot:

Due to the number of complaints and comments I have received by phone, in person and via emails concerning your comments on the Magic Café, I have found it necessary to write this letter to you and require you to present a written apology to the IBM Ring 334. I am sure you are going to say we misunderstood what you were saying, that you were not talking about our Ring, nor any particular Ring member(s). However, that's not acceptable, and you know as well as I that it is also not true. Putting these conversations online was questioning the integrity and conduct of Ring 334, as seen by the response of many members.

This unethical behavior demonstrates your inability to work and cooperate with fellow club members. We expect your reply and apology within 15 days of the date of this letter.

Sincerely,

Jim Lee, President IBM Ring 334

Now please if you get time go to the previous Drunk, stoned or high and please read my posts that I made during the thread. I know I frist wrote something in Jan.
Here is my new question. How would you fellow Ring Members reply to this letter? Someone emailed me the other day and asked me how would I personally handle a Drunk, Stoned, or High situtation. Here it goes I would talk directly to the person and ask them if could please stop it.

Thanks everyone in advance.

Michael Bairefoot
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
I am sorry I meant to say, "How would you Café Memebers reply to this letter?"

Thanks
Michael Bairefoot
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
From what I see, you have nothing to apologize for. It's a general topic like any other and you even specifically excluded your own Ring in that thread.

I can't imagine that a hypothetical question could be misconstrued as being true. I think it was an important topic that needed to be discussed.

Maybe you can apologize for the misunderstanding and reiterate that it had nothing at all to do with their Ring.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Thanks Dave. I heard you won the Big Contest in SC. Congratulations!

Michael Bairefoot
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Me? I don't think so. I've never been to SC, let alone competed anywhere. Thanks anyway though.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
I am sorry. I had you your name confused with someone else. Sorry.

Michael
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Interesting...hmmm.

Not taking one side or the other, I wanted to offer some "food for thought."

A wise person once gave me several pieces of advice (I've received a LOT more than this!) that have served me well over the years. They said:

1. Pick your battles wisely. Not everything is worth fighting about.
2. Is it better to be right or happy? Again, not everything is worth fighting about.

Hmmm...interesting.

Mark.
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
In your post of January 10, 2007, in the other thread, it is absolutely clear that you are not bringing up Ring 334, you are asking a question that generated a great deal of constructive discussion. You have nothing to apologize for. On the other hand, since you are dealing with people with poor reading comprehension skills, if you are going to send a written apology, consider using plain block letters written very large. Use short words and short sentences.

This just goes to show why magic DVDs are so popular these days. No one can read. Present company excepted, of course.

Yours,

Paul
Borack
View Profile
Regular user
Tampa Bay
109 Posts

Profile of Borack
What happens after the 15 days are up....Is he going to make you, ahem, disappear..?? Smile
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
I was told that was put there to make me answer faster. But, that is funny.

Bairefoot
Doodad
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Doodad
I would reply with, "I apologize for the fact that your complaintants cannot comprehend what they read. Other than that, I have nothing to apologize for. But in the spirit of fellowship, I'll buy you all a drink!"
This might explain why I never get invited to all the cool magic clubs! Smile
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Hello everyone,

I would like to thank everyone for their input on my thread. So here it goes.

I would like for Ring 334 and other Café members to know at no time was I talking about Ring 334. Ring 334 is a great ring with great members. I started the thread just to know how others would handle this type of situtation. Someone asked me the other day how I would handle it and this is what I said. I would go directly to the person or persons causing the problems and talk directly to them.

Again Thanks goes to everyone who has help and replied to Drunk, Stone, or High.

Once again. I belong to a great Ring Ring 334 and my question at the start of Drunk, Stoned, or High had nothing to do with my Ring 334. They only thing is that maybe I could have worded that first question a little better. Again, Drunk, Stoned, or High had nothing to do with Ring 334.

Thanks for reading and eveyone here have a Magical Day.

Bairefoot
Borack
View Profile
Regular user
Tampa Bay
109 Posts

Profile of Borack
Wow.....you are easy....Smile
Doodad
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Doodad
What a bloody givaway!
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
I wrote my last reply so that Ring 334 would know I wasn't talking about them. I tried to put into words so that they would realize that I wasn't talking about them. Again. Thanks for all your support.

Bairefoot
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Part 2 Drunk, Stoned or High (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL