The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Earick Palm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cohiba
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
749 Posts

Profile of Cohiba
Hi Guys -

Wondering if anyone has any tips for me on the Earick one-handed palm. I haven't put much time into it yet, but the problem I'm having is that I can't get the inner left corner of the card far enough up into the palm. This causes the inner right corner to stick out past my hand on the bottom side (closest to the floor) - the card isn't into the full palm, it's more like halfway between a full palm and a modified cop.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4290 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Start the deck higher (in the hand) is pretty much your only option.

Or simply use a two handed bottom palm executed quickly (not hurried but briskly). I love Earick's palm, but really if you execute a 2 handed bottom palm well the outward motions are about the same, the deck touches the hand for a second and they are palmed and the other hand can be brought away right after.

Sure, you can't do the "turn the deck over to show the bottom card" bit, but I've never found this to be an issue for using a bottom palm in any routines.
Cohiba
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
749 Posts

Profile of Cohiba
Thanks Daegs -
I was wondering if starting from a different grip would be the only solution. Is this what everyone else does as well?
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Special user
Lake Worth FL
958 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
Cohiba,

What Daegs said is correct about having the deck higher in the hand. More precisely, the lower left hand corner of the deck is on the pivot point. Hold one card in this grip and see if the card will swivel into full palm.
The best piece of advice that I can give, at least it worked for me, is when your pinky pulls the card into the palm, make sure that you are pulling the card downwards creating a convex bend in the card. Usually when performing a two-handed bottom palm, the card is bent in a concave fashion as it is being delivered into the palm. In the write-up from 'BFU', he uses his forefinger to anchor the deck in place. Now, unless you've got pretty big hands this is nearly impossible to do. Bending the card downwards with your pinky helps to keep the integrity of the deck in place, so it's not squirting all over the place. Then, when it is in place it is a simple matter to pop the card into place.
Unless you've played with this for awhile I imagine none of this makes any sense.
It is one of those moves that you have to anylize/readjust/anylize/readjust until you find something that works with YOUR hands.
Good luck, it's one of the greatest sleights ever devised, and worth the hard work.
P.M me if you have any more questions.
Take care,
Ed
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Awhile ago, a friend of mine asked me to make a short one minute tutorial on this move. So if you are interested, pm me and I will give you the short video I made.

To Mods: *If this isn't allowed, please delete this post right away*

Best,
Charles
Doctor REvil
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Doctor REvil
Hey Charles, your inbox is full.......

help.......
Karma means you buy now & pay later.....think I've over spent....!

Check out my ebooks at the lybrary.....

http://www.lybrary.com/david-gemmell-m-13404.html
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
I just emptied my inbox.
Doctor REvil
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Doctor REvil
Thanks........
Karma means you buy now & pay later.....think I've over spent....!

Check out my ebooks at the lybrary.....

http://www.lybrary.com/david-gemmell-m-13404.html
Cohiba
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
749 Posts

Profile of Cohiba
Thanks for your help guys.
Ed - when you say convex bend, I just want to make sure I have it the right way. I think what is meant in the write-up is a longitudinal bend, with the left and right hand sides of the bottom card bending up towards the deck, and the middle of the bottom card (along it's entire length) bowing down into the LH palm, right? I think this is one of those moves where a video clip is worth a thousand words...
Thanks again...
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Special user
Lake Worth FL
958 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
P.M me for a demo.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
I've talked to Earnie about the move. He always tells me that it's a nice move, but not really the most efficient. He's just being humble, but work on mastering the two handed and the one handed becomes much easier. Also, it's a very knacky move. If you play with it, stop for a few days, and play with it again, it'll become much easier. That's how I got it.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Earick Palm (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL