The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Wow...What A Great Case... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
I was at Harbor Freight (tool store) on Sat. and saw a beautiful carrying case there. It was $69. Made of wood with multiple drawers and a top that opened. The drawers seem to be lined with a velvet type of material. It may be just a little to large for carry around (it may be fine) but it is really a nice case for the price. Check it out if you get the chance.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
dandanmagicman
View Profile
New user
Great Bend, KS
46 Posts

Profile of dandanmagicman
It does look good!

SIX DRAWER ASH TOOL CHEST

Constructed from hand-rubbed ash
Felt-lined drawers keep tools from sliding during transport, prevents moisture damage
Heavy duty chrome plated hardware
Single key locking system secures top and front of box
Lid is fitted with machinist's safety mirror
Overall dimensions: 19-3/4" L x 8-3/4" x 12" H

ITEM 94554-0VGA

$59.99 Email link to a friend
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/di......er=94554
All the world is a stage...
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I have one of these except with fewer drawers. I use it to keep small items handy.
I like it and it's about the one place I can put things without them getting lost or tossed in the washer and dryer.

I keep all my nice wallets in there (forbes portfolio, wakeman), and the largest drawer is where I keep all the stuff I would use at a strolling corporate gig SAFE and ready to go!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Borack
View Profile
Regular user
Tampa Bay
109 Posts

Profile of Borack
Home Deppot has those aluminum sectioned cases for computer workers for only 19.99, it would work for those on a magic diet....
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
I have one of the aluminum cases from Home Depot and I like it. My only problem is that I'm filling it fast and will soon need more room. I really like the looks and the price of the Harbor Freight model. May be my next purchase...
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
The Harbor Freight case looks really nice and it appears one can lock all the drawers when the top is locked. Might have to pick one up myself. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'd also be interested in finding out about the one with larger drawers. Wonder where Frank found his?

Mark.
Borack
View Profile
Regular user
Tampa Bay
109 Posts

Profile of Borack
I don't want you to think I work for Home Depot, but we just saw the aluminim cases there last night and are different colors, red black and silver....
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The versions of these things at Home Depot vary by regions. Also, not all of the cases that look alike are the same quality. For example, I have some Home Depot aluminum covered cases that were $19.00. The aluminum is very thin and soft. It dents easily. I got a similar case from Ritz camera. It cost three times as much but was of much higher quality.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
Anyone know why they have a safety mirror mounted into the top of a tool case? In case of someone sneaking up behind you? It is very cool though. Thanks Aces and DanDan
Jeff Dial
View Profile
Special user
Kent, WA
533 Posts

Profile of Jeff Dial
"Safety" mirror generally refers to a backing that is applied to the back of a mirror so that if it ever breaks the pieces still stay together. This is often the case for mirrors that are form part of bed headboards or other applications where safety is an issue.

The reason for the mirror in the first place is so you can check yourself before going home after a long day's work. Smile
"Think our brains must be too highly trained, Majikthise" HHGG
demente42
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
199 Posts

Profile of demente42
Sounds to me like they got ahold of some makeup cases and tried passing them off as tool chests as I've only seen mirrors in makeup cases. Though it does look like it would work nicely for storing magic no matter what its orginal intention.
Brandon Smith

Imagine The Impossible
www.MagicForAnyOccasion.com

Creator of Dough or No Dough & Show Me the Bunny.
wa-na-be
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of wa-na-be
I was just at Skycraft in Orlando this past week and they had these really nice aluminum cases for $14, I have seen the same cases at the Magic shops for $40. They are about 15X10X3, I believe they have a website so you can check them out. Also Walgreens has some aluminum make up cases that work really well.
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
The Harbor Freight Case is a nice inexpensive copy of the highly coveted Gerstner Tool Chests costing around $1000 each. I've always wanted one.

http://www.gerstnerusa.com/products.htm
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Thanks for the Link-very helpful
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Thank you for the link. I ordered one today. It's exactly what I've been looking for.
oso2you
View Profile
Regular user
Oregon
128 Posts

Profile of oso2you
The mirrors are there in case you get something in your eye and need to check. Either that, or to check for chewing tobacco between your teeth before the big date.
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
I've been looking at a close up case from Malloy Modern Magic. It cost's $70 and looks like a nice case. Here is the link...

http://www.malloymodernmagic.com/close-up_case.htm
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I have several of these. They fit my needs quite well. I'm not sure how well they would hold up under a lot of travel conditions. They probably would not hold up well if you had to do a lot of flying. Maybe Bill Palmer could help you in that area if he has one.

I only use mine for storage at my home. They lock, not a great lock, but it keeps my son from getting into my things. He really liked my spring flowers and my jumbo coins. This lead him to look for other things of interest.
DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
I know this is an older thread, but has anyone bought and used this case? It looks great, and it seems like you could even set it on a chair, put a pad on the top and use it as a little table. I also like that all the drawers face the back, and you can get to your stuff without disrupting the top.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/di......er=94554

Any reviews?

-Dan
greatchach
View Profile
New user
Texas
82 Posts

Profile of greatchach
I have the larger size - 8 drawer one - for coin gaffs. It's got a nice locking panel on the front that closes over all of the drawers and keeps it secure. That one has a handle on top, so can't really be used as a closeup table, but I've seen them on sale at Harbor Freight sometimes for the same price or cheaper than the 6 drawer. These are great chests though, probably not as well made as the Gerstner or Woodcraft, but I don't have any complaints with mine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Wow...What A Great Case... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL