The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Ideas for appearing candle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jimi2040
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
62 Posts

Profile of jimi2040
I have recently bought a set of 3 Fantasio Appearing Candles and a Fantasio Ribbon & Candle. I am a beginner in stage magic looking for ideas to steal candles and flash paper/string for the candle productions. I was looking everywhere for a candle holder but could only find a cane holder. Does anyone know where to find one? (I'm in doubt whether such thing exists) And if it doesn't exist, I was wondering if anyone of you have any ideas from where I can possibly steal the candles for production. I found something called the Universal Holder which everyone seems to believe is a waste of money. So instead I thought about keeping a candle inside the sleeve but it would be aukward if the candle drops into the hand facing the wrong direction(I'll have to fiddle my fingers so that it faces the right way up for production which can be detected by a observer as something fishy). Also, looking at the candle act from different magicians, flash paper seems to be attached to their coat everywhere! Is it generally taped or are they just pulling them out from their pockets?

Sung
dark kard
View Profile
Regular user
Providence, RI
142 Posts

Profile of dark kard
A easy clip to make for an appearing candel is to put a bobby pin through the hole and then attatch a safty pin. this makes a very easy to make clip and it works very well.
"flying is easy all you have to do is miss the ground" Douglas Adams
<BR>dark kard
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Mike Lair and David Ginn have many books on this subject.Richard Rouceau has many video's on this matter..Cordially.Howard
jimi2040
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
62 Posts

Profile of jimi2040
Thanks for your information Dark Kard. I ordered Fantasio Live Lecture at the Magic Castle DVD Vol 1,2,3 today. Would there be any tips there?

Sung
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
David Ginn blows up a balloon and produces the cane when he pops the balloon... you could do that with the candle, but I like using the vanishing candles actually to do my candle production and then vanish. Has good reaction from the audience.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Here are some ideas for you, Sung.

* Feather (at least 4-6 inches) production from air and thn transform to cane.
* Appear a candle from silk and then transform the candle to cane.
* Torn paper to streamer and a cane appear from the streamer.
* Appear a fan of cards from your hand and then a cane burst out from the card fan.
* Poke a small silk into your fist and it changes into a candle.

Hope these ideas help.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Ideas for appearing candle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL