The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card Sword (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cadillaczak
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of cadillaczak
I am adding a comedy card sword routine to my summer show. There are a TON of different card swords out there ranging from $50 to $350

Any recommendations for me?
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Fantasio does a comedy one..Cordially,Howard
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Wolf's chicken sword is a great one if you can find one on the used market.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1177 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
The cheaper swords are...cheap and usually not worth the small amount you paid for them. Some of the more expensive swords ($650) look great but I wouldn't spend that much on a sword.

Check out Steven's Magic Emporium. They usually have a good mid-range sword.
cadillaczak
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of cadillaczak
Seems like everyone I have spoke with says go with the steven's sword. thanks! Also, John, I have seen the chicken sword...hilarious! But, I have my own comedy routine ready that goes with a regular card sword.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The only one any good, IMHO is where the card is inside the hilt. I think it was originally named the Conley Sword. Al Koran had some made up that Ken Brooke sold made by George Hammerton (I still have mine). I believe this is the same that http://www.stevensmagic.com is selling.

The other approach is without a gaffed sword. You should research Clarke "Senator" Crandall's way with a curved real scimitar. Hint: It curves around behind your back.

Then again, you could use my Card in Rat Trap (Genii many moons ago had the work on it).
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card Sword (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL