The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Pter Marvey Card Manipulation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
I've been doing card manipulation for a long time. I am looking to put an act together and was wondering if anyone knows what Peter marvey uses to show his fingers spread then produce a card?

Here's a video of it:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YguJ5tMYT0s

Please PM me if you can help as I don't want to expose anything.

Thanks!
Josh London
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Slight of hand ,Gimmicks and an old art form..Cordially,Howard
chrisgali
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of chrisgali
...I don`t know how he has done it in his act!
But you could take a black backed card!(or the color of the background) and so you don`t have to matter about the card looking thru your fingers,...!
nice greets chris
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1068 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
The method used to accomplish the open finger display was origionall discovered for use with coins. I believe it is a Downs method and can be found in one of his books. However, there would be some recreating involved to work the gimmick with cards. But I would say you should tay away from this effect. The magician doing it in the clips has odviously taken much time to work out the kinks for himself, and if you were to take the effect without permission, I would personally call that stealing. Maybe use the idea of showing the fingers open and create a new method of your own, without looking into the previously invented method.

DJ
joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
Thanks guys!

I have a T. Nelson Downs' book, so I'll take a look through there.

Josh London
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Just remember that at some point you need to know if the act will be practical to perform somewhere. Issues like extreme angles, backdrops, etc limit how and when you can do your act.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Pter Marvey Card Manipulation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL