The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Impromptu (or seemingly), Propless and Close Up Mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Please do not refer me to previous threads
I have read all of them, posted on most of them and even started some of them
I am unashamedly starting this one because this is the subject that makes me
buzz.
So what is new since the last one?
Two of the most exciting items I have seen in this field
Invisible Gemstones
Invisible Tarot
Methodology-Imagination used one-on-one
These two bring a whole new meaning to Impromptu, propless and Close Up
IMHO it would be impossible to better them
Then we have the new Palmistry ebooks
and
Creating Impact
Has there ever been a more exciting time in this field?
The future (and I ought to know, that is my game) looks so bright that I'm buying better sunglasses. Smile
So, what has turned you on lately?
It doesn't have to an exact fit to the thread title as long as it's a near fit. Smile
Cheers
TJ
psi-co
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
134 Posts

Profile of psi-co
Thanx for the plug TJ. Smile

Seeing as you've already mentioned 2 of my books, I'll have to place my vote for Cellular Forecast for now. As I mentioned in my review of David's book his applications for ESP cards and Positive/Negative could easily fall into the category of "seemingly impromptu" (all you have to do is be a little creative throughout the routine Smile ).

If I think of anything else I'll let you know.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
An adventurer washes up naked on a foreign beach (Fortunatly, the inhabitants do speak his language)
Using one hand to preserve the mystery of his manhood, the adventurous magician casts a Love Spell, Three's a Charm, single handedly, on the curious beach bunnies. (Parson's Palmistry)
After being provided a loin cloth for his efforts, the magician then has all of the onlookers select three sea shells and a blessing (Baba's Blessing) is placed upon one of them. After some strange images are drawn on the sand and the adventurer works his magic, Amazingly, he is able to read the minds of each and every bathing beauty.
A Psychic Dancing game is played with four pebbles and a sand dollar. Miraculously, EVERYONE wins! (Voodoo Dance)
A sand castle holds a secret treasure. It is exactly the same as the bikini clad volunteer has selected. (Sand Castle)
The names of the planets are written in the sand...With a totally free choice the sun worshipers move from planet to planet. Against all odds, the magician has predicted which Heavenly Body will be standing on which Heavenly Body (Heavenly Bodies)
These and also some bonus material are available on.....
NAKED ON A BEACH Smile
TRUE IMPROMPTU
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Richie Dagger
View Profile
Loyal user
Tucson, AZ
267 Posts

Profile of Richie Dagger
What's the latest on that project Slim?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Trimming it down to avoid a XXX rating Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2007-05-08 08:15, Slim King wrote:
An adventurer washes up naked on a foreign beach (Fortunatly, the inhabitants do speak his language)..........

Wow!
Why are we waiting?
Sounds like you are cutting out the best bits
Be careful or nobody will buy it
:)
TJ
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Not too many folks buy my stuff, although this one is for magicians as well as mentalist. Anyone needing miracles "On The Spot" Smile....this is for them. These also work over the radio or telephone....as well as live on stage.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Er
Why not just tell people all about themselves
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
That would be even more impressive when combined with an impromptu effect wouldn't it?
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
That is the effect
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Can you do it Naked On A Beach? (Like James Bond would?)
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Only if you're Ursula Andress
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
This one?
http://www.danas.co.yu/20060726/img/dezurna1_1.jpg
Are cards needed to do your Palm Reading effect?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Yes, that one!

And no. Smile

His is not an effect, but a learning tool for palm reading. The "cards" I think you are referring to are tic sheets for the guest, an optional item to assist and keep you in her mind long after your meeting.
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
Imprumptu I always do a version of the Hoy book test if there are any books around! failing that I reccomend David Berglas Equivoque. get half a dozen people to put a couple of items from their pockets on the table, as they do it write a prediction on your business card and put it under a glass or something. get someone to eliminate various items until you are fairly left with one, it matches your prediction which in the specs mind was on the table before all the items were! and never fails to kill.
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
I guess that Berglas book isn't that bad afterall
-Woodfield
naquada
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of naquada
Quote:
On 2007-05-22 08:26, Woodfield wrote:
I guess that Berglas book isn't that bad afterall
-Woodfield

indeed.. I was reading that in my berglas book last night... very cunning.. and fair Smile
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I like performing stuff using the pareto principle as an impromptu method. Always very strong.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
The Berglas routine is excellent, as is Goldstein's "Verbal Control", but IMHO, Docc Hilford put it all together in "E'voque". I believe it's the strongest work on the subject to day. It's brilliant in its simplicity, and the fact that the performer never has to think about the "script", as it never changes. Meanwhile, it makes the whole process invisible, by directing the spectator's attention towards everything BUT the process. Hilford incorporates the ideas of Burger, Goldstein and others, and credits them accordingly.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'm not familiar with this. Can it be used over the phone?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Impromptu (or seemingly), Propless and Close Up Mentalism (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL