The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Perfect Link (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I posted this in the ring & string section, but thought I'd ask here as well:

Has anyone tried Perfect Link by Kreis Magic?

http://www.kreis-magic.com/product/list6232_en.htm

"A spectator threads a ribbon through a metal ring, and holds each end of the ribbon. Then, the performer removes off the ring from the ribbon under a handkerchief. The props are examinable after performance."

This looks like a ring and pin on rope type effect (aka Sefalaljia), but in the video there doesn't appear a time that the spec lets go of the ends of the ribbon - spec holds ends after threading, and keeps holding till after the magi does his thing and pulls the hankerchief away, and then the spec pulls on the ends of the ribbon and the ring falls off. The demo claims both ribbon and ring are examinable.

If the effect is really done like this (i.e.; there were no camera cut-aways), and the props are examinable at the end, I am fooled by this.

WAIT, hold the phone, I think I just figured it out, at least a method - I was caught off guard.

None the less, I would like to hear if anyone has this.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1165 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Well I'm still fooled. It looks like a version of Sefalajia but as you say it doesn't seem to be.
Jolyon Jenkins
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Initially I thought it was just a Sefalaljia, but if I'm right, this can be done using a very simple method that I found in two different books that most of us already own. Kreis Magic just applied the method in a way that makes it more deceptive than in those 2 (old) books. Its nice to see someone apply old methods, with a new twist.

I would still like to hear from someone that has this, I have a question.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
They never examine the first ring..Howard
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1165 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Ah.
Jolyon Jenkins
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Graywolf

Do you have it?
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
NO..It just makes sense..Howard
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
I agree with graywolf. . . there is no real examination of the ring before it is released.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Ok, Kreis' method may not allow an initial examination, but this exact same effect can be done letting the spec examine the ring at the beginning. I'm just impressed with the little extra that took an "oldie" and added a nice touch to it.

Similarly, as long as I still have your attenntion, look at kreis' Disk Escape. Two metal disks (w/small center holes) are fairly threaded onto a string. Without any fussing with the ends of the string, one of the disks are pulled off string, then everything can be examined. Nice. We all have the coins to do this, they just don't have the holes in them(or the hole is much bigger). I like the ingenuity of these guys.

Their perfect df is also nice, but is a bit pricey compared to a D&P from the penguin.

I don't know who sells there stuff in the States, and I don't have a yen to buy direct. It would be nice if this effect(disk escape) was done with some Chinese coins.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Perfect Link (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL