The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Fortune Cookies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

roguemagic
View Profile
New user
bizarre iowa
96 Posts

Profile of roguemagic
Does anyone know of a way to remove and replace the fortunes in a fortune cookie? Obviously, they are rather brittle when force is used on them

Take care,
Craig
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
i use twezers to remove and replace mine. look for cookies that have the fortunes close to the gap in the cookie.
most magically yours,
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Alchemist
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Alchemist
I've used twezers to remove them and replace the fortune with one I'd made on my computer. I usually buy a big bag and end up with enough cookies that I can alter without much trouble. The cookies are not that hard to make either. You could also try a Chinese grocery for a cookie making kit. I use fortune cookies that I've altered all the time.

Cheers,

Smile
mystic1
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of mystic1
3 possible alternatives:

1. there are websites where you can order custom fortune cookies...as I recall, the prices were not exorbitant at all

2. bake your own

3. I have heard--but not tried--that using heat and moisture you can soften fortune cookies, remove the existing fortune and replace it, fold back the dough, and let the cookie harden again.....I seem to recall this is accomplished by heating the cookies in an oven along with water that is at a higher temperature to humidify
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Yes--they have websites...you can customize them.

Ellen
harryandersonfan.com
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
this is kindof funny but i got a fortune cooky once that said "unexpected romance and financial gifts delight you"....

of course an unexpected romantic or financial gift would delight me.

ive seen fortune cookis that were soft before i think it only takes a little heat but im not shore

Jonathan
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
David de Leon
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
414 Posts

Profile of David de Leon
I am currently visiting the US (a six month sojourn in sunny California). Back home in Sweden I have certainly eaten my fair share of Chinese food, but the fortune cookies are, unfortunately, not a part of the Chinese restaurant culture there. In the US, however, they are, and I delight almost daily in the little messages I receive (at Panda Express mostly). Many of them have been totally spot on. For instance, I am in the midst of writing up a PhD thesis (on which I have spent an inordinate amount of time) and get the following message: ”Now is a good time to finish up old tasks”. I am also taking driving lessons (at a very late stage in life) and get the message: ”The future sees you behind the wheel”. It is so much fun when the messages can be so clearly applied to one’s life, and this leads me to bring up the following point and question:

The point
What message you chose to put into a cookie obviously depends on the context, but a nice ploy might be to put in a message that fits the victim perfectly, is profound and significant, but which is also sufficiently vague and ambiguous that it could pass as a message you could ordinarily get. If your victim suspects that the message has been substituted, then they will only start to think about how you did this. This might be fun and impressive, but what would also be nice is to inject a little mystery into life.

The question
What messages would you like to insert in a fortune cookie? Love to hear some examples of things people have done or would like to do.
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
the first thing that i thought of was a forced card being printed on the slip of paper. Then I realised how cliche that would be.

what if you brought a young woman up on stage towrds the begining of your show. Offered her a fortune cookie out of a box of many and then told her to read the furtune

"strange events will amaze and disterb you"

I think that anything which seems like it could be a real furtune would be much more bizarre then a slip of paper that says
"3 of Diamond muahahaha."

good luck david with your driveing lessons.

Jonathan
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
KJ
View Profile
New user
Louisville, KY
97 Posts

Profile of KJ
Hello,

I was wondering what kind of paper would your print the fortune on?

-KJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Fortune Cookies (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL