The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Tales of Magical Characters (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
billyboy1957
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of billyboy1957
I was prompted by egregore's posting in the LaVey topic to recount a story about Pete Carroll, one of the creators of Chaos Magick, who was mentioned elsewhere recently. Billy Graham was visiting England and was due to come to Pete's hometown. Pete visited a local anarchist commune and told them that the spray cans in his left hand were for them to spray inverse pentagrams on all of Graham's posters whenever and wherever they went up. In exchange for this he offered the alcohol in the bag in his right hand. They agreed and so it happened.

When the Graham circus arrived, Pete and I with another friend pulled up to their street preacher (who was drumming up business) in a Ferrari with tinted windows. Down came the windows to reveal us three in black robes with hoods up and wearing sunglasses. Pete then said to the preacher and his audience, 'The other side pays better wages' and off we drove.

Other stories will have to wait for my memoirs because it's hard to get permission to perform any sort of bizarre magic when inside one of Her Majesty's Prisons.

Ian
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
O SO WE MEET AGAIN.

yu see, long before our beloved Lucifer saved me, I WAS working for Graham and his henchmen, in fact twas I who you yelled such terrible truth to. after that day, I began to research and found that I must relinquish my office and join your side----the dark side, from which the Light doth spring in all its glee.

nice car.

;)

Baba
billyboy1957
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of billyboy1957
That makes the story even better Baba. Hail and well met!

Ian
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3824 Posts

Profile of The Curator
But who was hidden in the spray cans ?
billyboy1957
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of billyboy1957
You have a richly deserved reputation Curator. Hit the nail right on the head.

Ian
egregor
View Profile
Veteran user
The other side of the veil.
340 Posts

Profile of egregor
BillyBoy that cracked me up.
In the late 50's before I was born, my father told me the tale of meeting Billy Graham on a golf course in south Carolina, where my dad was a caddy. He said Billy pulled up in his shiny cadillac with a buddy of his and they played a full 18 holes, then had lunch. My father said he went to the tent revival that night just to see the spectacle, and sure enough Billy was doing hands on healing. He said that one guy that he healed was a guy in a wheelchair. The very same man that played 18 holes with Billy earlier that day, had suddenly become afflicted with polio and bound to a wheelchair, and Billy miraculously healed him. Thank god my father had the good sense to raise me as an agnostic/athiest.
My mom says I'm reprehensible, I think I'm perfectly hensible.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
The hypocrisy is disgusting.

Nal
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I have a hypocrisy story for you dearest sweet Nal!

Well over 20 years ago I attended a christian rock concert on the request of some friends. The music was what you would expect...maybe a little harder rock perhaps but then came the all important "witness" section of the performance. The various "rock stars" would tell their own complex vastly overly dramatic story of salvation from drugs and sex.

Then the audience of several thousand were all asked to close their eyes and display with a show of hands how many have EVER...EVER doubted the existence of God.

"If you have EVER doubted the existence of God raise your hand now... Please!"

Everyone had their eyes tightly closed...I assumed this was a private moment so I truthfully raised my hand expecting to be one hundreds that have had doubts. I mean really...who has not at least doubted? It is human.

I was the only person in the entire theater that raised my hand and the "rocker star" on stage pointed me out to the several thousand eager faithful now with their eyes wide open. He made me stand before the thousand hypocrites.

Hundreds of well meaning folk tried to witness God to me as I made my exit that night. What a manipulative nightmare!

Could I really be the only one in a couple of thousand of folks to have had doubts?

Talk about sucker tricks.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Eddie:

Here's one for you, it happed to me.
http://tonyseye.blogspot.com/2006/01/cul......ces.html
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Thanks so much Tony,
I really enjoyed that Smile
egregor
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

Profile of egregor
Tony,
My best friend met a young lady on Yahoo personals new years eve. He brought her to my house and we became friends. Over the course of the next few months she began to show signs of mental instability. I spoke to her in depth about her past and found that she was placed in an all girl christian school from the ages of 11 to 18 in Waco. She is now in therapy undergoing reprogramming at my request. The things that she told me that she endured in a "CHRISTIAN" surrounding left me speechless. I could imagine such things taking place in some third world country,but not here in america, but I have come to the conclusion that most of texas is a third world country, and the things done in the name of religion still leave me in shock. And shocking a man who practices a trade called Bizarre is quite a task.
billyboy1957
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of billyboy1957
Ray Sherwin (one of the early Chaos Magicians with Pete Carroll) describes how he once told a Christian minister that, if there were a representative of the devil in the room (looked at from a Christian perspective), it would be the minister. Let's face it, during the Satanic Child Abuse scam, no Satanic abuse claims whatsoever were ever substantiated, according to the official FBI report I read afterwards. The Church is quite a different matter. The aboriginals in Van Diemen's Land were exterminated to a man and their heads sent to England to be 'read' in the way common at the time, on the principle that, if they weren't Christians, they must be insane. The mind boggles.

Sherwin went on to point out that the upright pentagram, which is said by some to be the 'good' one, was on American tanks and also on Russian tanks when they invaded somewhere; whereas the inverse one is nowhere to be seen. Food for thought.

Ian
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Eddie, that is a real horror story!

Tony having lived in Texas, I well understand the experience.

And Egregore, I know exactly what you are saying.

And then there is Fred Phelps: http://www.godhatesfags.com
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3824 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On 2007-05-10 06:27, billyboy1957 wrote:Sherwin went on to point out that the upright pentagram, which is said by some to be the 'good' one, was on American tanks and also on Russian tanks when they invaded somewhere; whereas the inverse one is nowhere to be seen. Food for thought.

Ian

Yes they're reversed when the tank is upside down after exploding on a mine...
egregor
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

Profile of egregor
Didn't god smite sodom for being mean to visitors. That's what I got when I read it, Lot sent his daughters out to be raped by the townspeople rather than have his foreign guests messed with. Absolutely no mention of homosexuality is ever mentioned in the passages refering to the downfall of Sodom and Gamorah. Sending out your virgin daughters to be raped by townspeople to protect total strangers, gosh where do I sign up to be a member of this group. They're such honorable people. Almost puts us Satanists on the moral highground, doesn't it?
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
I thought Sodom and Gomorrah got all blowed up for their generally immoral ways, but it seems to be a mixture of both.

That seems traditional, in that part of the world, (now Arabic) to treat daughters as lowly as one might treat prostitute cattle, to be traded and bargained for, their bodies, minds, and souls nothing more than merchandise.

I was reading something recently that rather nicely pointed out the difference between the old pagan religions and the newer monotheist ones: the pagan religions were very much about being in harmony with nature; the monotheist religions are more about denial of nature, self-deprivation, and control.
If possible, I'll always take the middle road - anything outside of moderation, taken to one extreme or the other, is nearly always bad. But monotheism's claim to be superior is total BS.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
billyboy1957
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of billyboy1957
The idea that you need to believe in any religion or deity to be moral (whatever that means anyway) is rather risible. It is likely that Mr Spock is a more popular figure worldwide than the Nazarene (= a zealot creed because Nazareth appears on no Roman record of the time). Perhaps worshipping Spock will become popular; one lives in hope.

Ian
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Billyboy1957

The early British settlers in Tasmania (Van Diemen's Land)obviously wanted to remake their environment - as well as the original inhabitants they also purposefully wiped out the Thylacene (Tasmanian Tiger).

Trugganini, the Tasmanian Aboriginal Queen and the last surviving full blood was stuffed and mounted on her death and taken to London.

One of the funniest things I ever saw was on breakfast television on the morning of Australia Day 1988, our bicentenary.

Burnam Burnam, an elderly Aboriginal actor and activist rowed ashore at The White Cliffs of Dover in England, planted the Aboriginal flag, thus claiming England as Australia had been claimed.

He also respectfully requested that when the English Queen died she be handed over for stuffing and mounting as the English had done with his monarch. Once he'd said that, the show abruptly went to an ad break. Unusually that bit of footage was not replayed every half hour as breakfast TV is wont to do.

Destiny
billyboy1957
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of billyboy1957
I remember seeing that programme too and was most amused. However, it is ironical that he planted a flag because, presumably, national flags are something they took from us in the first place. I could be wrong about this as it is only a guess.

A few years ago I performed in Sydney and was there for a month but I did not see one aboriginal in that whole time, although I was out and about constantly. Maoris were everywhere (including a couple of bodyguards I had who were the biggest men I had ever seen).

Ian
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
The Bible is a wonderful source of horror stories and tales of atrocities. It is enlightening to realize that Western Civilization is largely based on its principles.

Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Tales of Magical Characters (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL