The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Wicked Illusionist... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
I stumbled on this guy through another link a friend gave me. I'm loving this guy's stuff. Might not be for everyone, but check out his video and photos.

http://perso.orange.fr/magicemry/homeuk.htm

Cheers,

R
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
The guy looks to be no more than 16 or 17 years old, and he's got a heck of a show for himself.

Congrats to him!

Thanks for the link, Ryan!
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Darn French kids and their good-looking magic props... Smile

Where do you find all of these links, Ryan??
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
I see a lot of fancy lights, fancy shots, and quick cutting...and a lot of money. What I cannot tell from this promo is anything about the performer's ability onstage and connecting with an audience.
He's young, though, and a lot of that will come with time and experience.

Personally, it leaves me cold. This kind of magic does nothing for me. I'd much rather see a good movie than a series of big, expensive boxes crammed with spears or buzz saws, trotted out onstage one after the other.
Boring.
That's my opinion.
It's all in the reflexes.
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
I like the way they presented the Motorcycle Appearance, although I can see how some may be left feeling cold.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lsNJIzF7_TE
joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
It does look as if his Mommy and Daddy bought him all that stuff. I wish I didn't have to work for what I have and fall butt backwards into money.

The site also takes a loooong time to load, even on my DSL connection. There's too much flash on the site, as well.

I also don't even know the kid's name!

Josh London
demattia
View Profile
New user
Gothenburg, Sweden
10 Posts

Profile of demattia
According to the info he apparently posted himself on YouTube, he's 21.
John Bundy
View Profile
Regular user
USA
193 Posts

Profile of John Bundy
Great job with the show video.
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
I had not heard of him either, BUT he's doing original stuff. So I guess the point of where he FUNDS his show is MOOT. There are two things: He's doing is own thing, and he seems to be doing it well. I, for one, dig the kid's style.
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Hear, hear!
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Original?
Flashy lights, pyrotechnics, sexy(?) dancers, black apparel with silver trim, mugging the camera, etc.
Looks like every other stage illusionist I've seen in the past 2 decades, with very few exceptions.
It's all in the reflexes.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I pretty much agree with meauxfeaux. Although he has a slight uniqueness to him, I would have to see him actually perform for an audience. I would have trouble seeing a show with very little connection with the audience. Here, we see a lot of pouting posing. A lot of "look at me" and not so much "let me entertain you".

He's definitely no slouch, though (or at least the production team). I am sure in time, he'll develop into a great performer. He is definitely off to a good start.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I like the music!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Daniel Kane
View Profile
New user
Sweden
36 Posts

Profile of Daniel Kane
I think Ryan means the design on some of his illusions, plus the stage costumes with masks; not a lot of illusionists look like that, some maybe. Then, the David Copperfield look is more common. Whether or not he´s original, it takes a lot of drive to get a team together and acquire not only the illusions, but everything around it.

But if it makes most of you feel better to believe that his mom and dad fixed everything for him, it's up to you.
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
Wow, his assistant is beautiful, and the props don't look too bad either!

The set and a lot of his props looked dark and macabre, which I think is pretty unique. It looks very well choreographed from what I could tell of the limited or rather short shots. I liked it!

And who cares who funded it?! If it was Mom and Dad, that is great. At least he has the family support behind him.

Nice link, Ryan, thanks! By the way, when are your new products going to be up?
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Clients are actually looking for videos like his, verses more of the performance.... It seems a laymen who would be booking a corp show would love the cutting edge, costumes, and cool props.

Just my thoughts...
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Okay, let me get the question and answer out of the way...

Q: What's the name of the song he uses in his video?
A: Why not e-mail him and ask?

Sorry. I just had to do that... Smile
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
bp
View Profile
Regular user
ENGLAND
168 Posts

Profile of bp
COME ON reedrc! A man of your many talents so spot a ripp-off act

Where do these guys get the illusions built!

Ripp-offs of Brett daniels "Lev"
The Twins "smoke tubes"
Hans klok "spiker and fan lev"
Greg Ferwin "new Sub trunk box"

SO where do they get the illusions from????????
bp
View Profile
Regular user
ENGLAND
168 Posts

Profile of bp
Dani Lary has something to do with them. So I guess I have answered the question.

Dani has so great ideas so why copy other illusion ideas?
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
Looks like a good show in principle. Maybe what I didn´t care much of was the actual promo video. Too many cuts and you never see the audience. Maybe it was only for tv? Looks promising though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Wicked Illusionist... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL