The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Nesting thimble problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
787 Posts

Profile of tedski
Has anyone experienced the inner thimble of a nest sticking, and difficult to un-nest. I just purchased a set from Vernet and they initially seemed to work ok. Just recently one of the nests is extremely difficult to separate compared to the other sets. I made sure it was clean etc but it still sticks badly. I don't know if it is defective, or correctible. Appreciate any help you can share.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Did you press it too tight when you are nesting them? Some do get stuck when they are pressed too hard together when you are working on them. Nesting thimbles do get loosen up after some usage. Also try rubbing them when they are nested together in a circular way - this is like using the inner one to smooth out the insid of the outer thimble. Or you can use sand paper to do it.

Hope this helps.
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
787 Posts

Profile of tedski
Thanks James, I'll keep working with them.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17198 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
They can warp a bit with use, leaving them in a hot car ,etc. A bit of sandpaper always worked for me. I had to learn to be careful where I stored them, leaving them in the trunk of the car in a case when it is hot outside was not a good idea.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Leaving props in the car is always a big and costly mistakes and sadly we make that mistake often.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Nesting thimble problem (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL