The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Rumor about Magic Menu (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Howdy. I have heard that the first ten years of the Magic Menu will be released as an E book or PDF or something computer-y like that. Does anyone have any info on this, when, who is selling it, the format etc? I don't know if it will be like The Workers Series where you buy disks or a download like Mike Closes great material. All I do know is The Magic Menu is the premier source for information, ideas, and routines for restaurant, bar, and table working magicians. Let me know if anyone has any info at all.
ShawnMilo
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of ShawnMilo
Where did you hear this? Sounds like another unsubstantiated rumor to me.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I heard it from an associate who was asked about a technical aspect of doing it (I'm not hip to the technical stuff myself). From what I was told it is being put together right now, I just have not seen anything from Jim Sisti about it. I know they can do searchable stuff now and something as vast as Magic Menu would be perfect for that. I don't know if they scan pages or have to enter everything, which would take a long time, or how it works. I don't even think The Magic Menu compilations are in print any longer.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I don't think that it will be released like that, at least any time soon.

In looking at Jim Sisti's (who wrote the Magic Menu) website and blog, there is NO mention of the Magic Menu at all, much less anything about it being re-released as a PDF or something.

Best suggestion? Try to find them used. They would make a fantastic addition to anyone's magical library.

Mark. Smile
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
They are a fantastic source. I know Jim (he lives here in CT) and he hasn't mentioned it. Then again, by no means am I privy to all great news of Jim :-p I will definately ask him next time we talk.

I do agree it'd be great book to be searchable.
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
MAK, if you see Sisti see if you can get anything out of him. I just made a call to a friend of mine who does ebooks and he said he also heard it was coming out, I'm thinking disks now, either in a couple weeks or it is to be announced in a couple weeks. Is Chris the Ebook god here? He might know how long it takes to make such a thing. Both books, for those not hip to it there are three volumes of Magic Menu made up of 1 book for the first five years, 1 for the second five years, and the final four released after the Magic Menu folded, must be 8 inches high stacked. I can't imagine there are any serious table workers or bar workers that don't have these already. I wanna be able to read Paul Greens column at any time dang it!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13419 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
That would be a great resource that I would buy instantly.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Although I already have both books, I'd also buy the PDF version in a heart beat!

Mark.
ShawnMilo
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of ShawnMilo
I have the first five years in hardcover. There's no substitute for a nice heavy book in my hands. However, it's so difficult to find this excellent material that an electronic version, no matter how inferior, would be great for helping out those who can't find a real copy.

In any event, someone who knows how to contact Jim Sisti should just ask him, before the rumor mill grinds up another reputation.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
This reminds me that I need to pick up the Second Five Years, US Toy used to have a lot of copies, now they're all gone, I'll have to poke around.

Oh yes, I would also buy the PDF version, should it come out. Smile
ShawnMilo
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of ShawnMilo
Quote:
On 2007-05-10 15:28, mrunge wrote:
Although I already have both books, I'd also buy the PDF version in a heart beat!

Mark.

The one unmatched benefit of a PDF is the search capability. It's worth owning both just for that. If only books had a CTRL+F feature!
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
Quote:
On 2007-05-10 16:20, Josh Chaikin wrote:
This reminds me that I need to pick up the Second Five Years, US Toy used to have a lot of copies, now they're all gone, I'll have to poke around.

Oh yes, I would also buy the PDF version, should it come out. Smile

Contact Andrew Pinard here on the forums. He had some copies a few months ago available.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2085 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Would be cool to have. I got the two books from Jim signed after he saw my interest here. Two of the best books I have!
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
So...

Does anyone have any idea if/when this might come out???
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
I don't know but I'd love to own them. Hard Copies more so.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5854 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I thought that Jim Sisti sold the rights to The Magic Menu.
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
No...he didn't.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Well, there you go! That ends THAT rumor anyway!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Rumor about Magic Menu (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL