The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Axtell Bird on Arm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

amazingboz
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of amazingboz
I am looking to buy this wonderful illusion from anyone who has a used one. Also, I would like to network with anyone who is willing to share with me, as I am new at the art of venting.
Thanks,
AmazingBoz aka Phil Smile
cmwalden
View Profile
Regular user
Cedar Park, TX
150 Posts

Profile of cmwalden
I've used the bird on arm illusion (the non-animated one). I like it. It looks much better than having your arm stuffed up the animal's...

I'm not a master vent or anything, but I'm happy to talk privately if you have questions or want to bounce around some ideas. Please feel free to send a private message, or use my email address from the profile.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

- William Shakespeare
DanTheMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
Edgewater, Maryland USA
139 Posts

Profile of DanTheMagicMan
Hi,

I use one (check out my pic with Axtell's
"Vern" on the left). Axtell sells the Axtrax CD's on his website, which includes routines for birds. I like looking at the scripts on his website (which you can view for free) to get ideas for routines (I have bought a few too). Also, there are bird joke books at the Maher Studios web site, http://www.maherstudios.com which are good when developing routines.

It can take some time to develop a routine to go along with it if you don't want to use a canned script like Axtrax provides. I find myself continually evolving the routine, which includes magic. However, the kids love the bird, which they can relate to in a
"Sesame Street" sort of way.

Oops,

I forgot to mention the bird arm illusion. It's great. I would not use the bird without it. You have to decide if you want the left or right hand version when you order. I have learned to use the left hand for the puppet (even though I am right-handed) because I like to keep my right hand free for doing any "magic" that might be included in the routine.
Dan The Magic Man
e-mail:[email]info@familymagicshows.com[/email]
web site:www.familymagicshows.com
MagicEvents.org - View or subscribe to upcoming magic events and birthdays.
Budihaha
View Profile
Veteran user
Bandung - Indonesia
328 Posts

Profile of Budihaha
Hi,

For ventriloquist networking, I sugest you to join ventriloquist mailing list. There are several of it on http://www.yahoogroups.com and others.

The most active ventriloquist mailing list in yahoogroups is Worldvents.

Or you can attend several ventriloquist convention/festival. Check the dates on the mailing list.

Hope this help you.

Regards,
Budi H. Hadiwarsito
Bandung - Indonesia
www.budihaha.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Axtell Bird on Arm (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL