The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Miser’s Dream Granted by Mikame (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Just found an interesting way to perform Miser’s Dream routine using a special gimmick at Stevens Magic Emporium and I'm asking for a review of this product and also know what kind of coins the gimmick can handle.

Product Description:
A Universal Miser’s Dream Gimmick. At last—the problem is solved! Now you can do a Miser’s Dream routine with a tin can, small trash can or water bucket! Mikame has given us this “universal” gimmick that will fit into any can or bucket! You no longer have to have a gimmicked coin pail! And the price is right! Comes with two gimmicks. One fits into the can or bucket and one pins into your jacket to hold extra coins and deliver them to you when you want them! Believe it or not—It’s true! The gimmick is removable to be used over and over again! Complete with two gimmicks, 20 special palming coins and instructional DVD!
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Stay Pure. Don't rely on gimmicks.

But I will say this: Steven's is one of the BEST. So my best advice would be to call Mark and talk to him, He'll be happy to help. Plus, he's a real nice feller.

Good Luck -
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
You don't need any gimmicks to perform a powerfully entertaining misers dream routine. Any bucket would do with a strictly sleight of hands work.

If you find that the advertised gimmick work well with you, then it is ok to get it too - provided it is suitable and practical for you.
koandy26
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
37 Posts

Profile of koandy26
"convenience" is the only word for this product..!
The gimmick will master your handling if you do Miser's Dream before.
And included those 20 coins in good quality, the price looks very nice.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
The Ad is difficult to understand are you releasing the coins in the bucket one by one ? Or do you steal those coins from the gommick inside the bucket ??
Thanks,
Tophatter.
rrgg
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of rrgg
Use whatever is best for you and you audience. Just be careful buying gimmicks from a vague ad. However, keep in mind that magic advertising has to be vague to keep their secretes secret.
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
Baaa. I woundnt use it. I bought a metal trash bucket at wallmart for 9 bucks, and the sound is loud! I love coin slight of hand, and the original routine is easy. Ditch the gimmick on this routine. -DP
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
I've always done the Miser's Dream without gimmicks using an empty coffee can. However, I do like the Mikame gimmick. Each gimmick holds 5 half dollars or 10 Mikame Palming Coins. I palm one half dollar and the rest are palming coins.

The gimmick(s) allow me to greatly extend the number of coins I produce without "shaking up" more coins from the coffee can. Now I do a combination of my original routine and add 20 additional coins.

I'm always showing a half dollar but dropping palming coins. This enables me to pour 30 coins from the can at the end whereas before I did not do this because there was only a dozen half dollars in the can.

Thumbs up!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Does it stick to the side of the pail via a m****t?
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Anyone happen to know the answer to above question?

Looking for feedback before purchase. Thanks!
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Does it come in dollar size?
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
788 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
To Tom Thumbcuffs. I saw your ?? from June. If anyone has not anwsered you yet, they are stuck with double sided tape. It is strong and yet can still be removed and re-positioned.
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
Just received the Miser's Dream Granted and am pretty happy with it at this point. Without tipping the method, the gaff will allow you to release one coin at a time into the bucket, much like the routines of Capehart and McBride. Gaff should work with any size bucket except for maybe a real small one. Each gaff holds 10 palming coins or 5 half dollars.

Is anyone else using this item?

Thanks and have a nice day,

Walking Bob in Iowa
mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
What is the quality of the coins like?
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
I, too, have this and love it. I used to perform bare, no gimmick, but had to perform it earlier in the show than I wanted.

This allows me to show the bucket empty, put it down, show my hands empty, then just pick up the bucket and start producing coins.

I highly recommend it. I'm all for "pure" magic, but this is a very smart gimmick that lets you do pure magic.

I have attached mine with Velcro to the bucket, as the tape wears out. I highly recommend this if you are looking to do Miser's Dream.

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
YVRDave
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
104 Posts

Profile of YVRDave
I am looking at buying some palming coins, but for the extra money, just might get this instead. Can anyone who has this tell me about the coins that come with it?

Thanx,
Dave
DenAlan
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of DenAlan
I'm have the same question as Justin Style, can it be done with Ike silver dollar size coins?
nicky
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of nicky
No , the gimmmicks are half dollar size.
By the way l noticed you can fit six halves or eleven palming coins into the gimmicks.
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
YVRDave, the coins that come with this are good quality. The only problem that I see with it is that if you use it to in a busking situation where you are doing the miser's dream in the show. Since you are doing more than one show per hour reset would be a little tough.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
I was a little disappointed upon opening the box, but then quickly learned how useful this thing can be. You can ring it in after doing a regular gimmick-free Misers to add to the number of coins in the bucket. Since the bucket loses its ring when you put too many coins in, I dump the bucket into a dove pan after the gimmick free section, then quickly add and dump ten more coins using the gimmick. Then a quick flash in the dove pan and all of the coins change to Hershey's kisses.

This product actually comes with two gimmicks and a mini-DVD. You can use the second gimmick just like the first, if you want to, or just locate it on your body to immediately load a handful of coins for a final shower. Nice.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Miser’s Dream Granted by Mikame (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL