The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Different Passes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nitemares666
View Profile
New user
Michigan
46 Posts

Profile of nitemares666
Hey, I not sure if this is the right place for this post. How many different types of passes are there and are there DVD's that explains the different types.
nicd
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
164 Posts

Profile of nicd
Do you want to know how many different types are out there, or how many _useful_ different types are out there?

Have a look at Richard Kaufman's "On The Pass" and Peter Cassford's "Pass With Care".
Both are a really good way to start, but they definitly do not cover all types of different passes.
The Hitchhiker
View Profile
Regular user
England
150 Posts

Profile of The Hitchhiker
'The Pass' (Randy Wakeman) Has the biggest compilation, have fun finding your best.

http://www.magicmakersinc.com/ThePass/thepass.html

Ja.
nicd
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
164 Posts

Profile of nicd
Oh, and try the search function here on the forums, that should give you plenty of information, too.
Tim Sutton
View Profile
Elite user
Tim Sutton AIMC, London UK
460 Posts

Profile of Tim Sutton

I'm hoping they didn't spell sleight like that on the actual release...
The Hitchhiker
View Profile
Regular user
England
150 Posts

Profile of The Hitchhiker
LOL they did. Smile

But hey Randy does a great job, that's all that matters, well worth the price+
magic777
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of magic777
I can think of Classic, riffle, turnover, charlier, kick, and cut passes off the top of my head. But it doesn't mattter. Just do one or two really well.
Greg Hues
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
143 Posts

Profile of Greg Hues
If you are really interested in a DVD that teaches the classic pass really well, and not just knowing a bunch of different passes. I would recommend "Pass with Care" by Peter Cassford.

He teaches the pass in such a way that it really doesn't look so much like a move, he also gives some great tips on misdirection, and provides some subtleties that make the pass as invisible as you should ever need it to be.

At the end of the DVD, he does show a couple of variants.. riffle, jiggle, etc. But the bulk of the teaching focus on his method and misdirection for the classic pass.

I have always though this Bruce Lee quote, was good to apply to the pass.

“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”

-- Bruce Lee

All this of course, is my humble opinion.
Regards,

Greg Hues
nitemares666
View Profile
New user
Michigan
46 Posts

Profile of nitemares666
Thanks yall
ShawnMilo
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of ShawnMilo
Quote:
On 2007-05-11 03:05, nicd wrote:
Do you want to know how many different types are out there, or how many _useful_ different types are out there?

Have a look at Richard Kaufman's "On The Pass" and Peter Cassford's "Pass With Care".
Both are a really good way to start, but they definitly do not cover all types of different passes.

"Pass With Care" really only teaches one pass, but teaches it very well, with subtleties and variations. Kaufman's pass DVD teaches many, many passes.

If you want a general education, get both. If you just want to develop a usable pass, get Cassford's. If you just want to compile a list of different passes, search the Café all night.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
There are two types of Passes. Top half to the bottom and bottom half to the top. My personal favorite video on variations of the pass is Kaufman's On the Pass. Other videos on the Pass are Pass with Care, The Pass, Royal Road with Paul Wilson, the Expert at the Card Table with Wesley James,Ninja (which I wouldn't really recommend), and Jay Sankey's Sankey-tised has a pretty in depth discussion on the move. In books, you'll find good descriptions in Card College, Royal Road, Expert at the Card Table, and my personal favorite Spread Pass in The Card Magic of LePaul.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Check out Duffie's Move Mastery 2, the riffle pass is worth to check out. Smile

Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
I would add Steve Draun*s work to the list . . . and Derek Dingle has another very good pass.
Cards never lie
RoryHunt
View Profile
New user
Eugene, Oregon
3 Posts

Profile of RoryHunt
Quote:
On 2007-05-14 11:09, Jeff Corn wrote:
There are two types of Passes. Top half to the bottom and bottom half to the top. My personal favorite video on variations of the pass is Kaufman's On the Pass. Other videos on the Pass are Pass with Care, The Pass, Royal Road with Paul Wilson, the Expert at the Card Table with Wesley James,Ninja (which I wouldn't really recommend), and Jay Sankey's Sankey-tised has a pretty in depth discussion on the move. In books, you'll find good descriptions in Card College, Royal Road, Expert at the Card Table, and my personal favorite Spread Pass in The Card Magic of LePaul.

What is the difference? If you bring the top HALF to the bottom, the bottom HALF has to go somewhere, and because of the laws of physics, it becomes the top.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
The difference lies in the mechanics. What packet moves where and how. The result is the same.

As a wise man once said - many ways lead to Rome . . .
Cards never lie
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of BrandonWilliams
Check out the following for escellent pass descriptions:
Complete Works of Derek Dingle
Miracles with Cards
Card Classics of Ken Krenzel
Morphy
View Profile
New user
Germany
52 Posts

Profile of Morphy
Check out the Card College Series. I think every Cardshark should have these books.
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
I will put in another vote for Sankey's work with the pass. He Goes into even greater detail in his Revolutionary Card Technique DVD's
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
Quote:
On 2007-05-11 06:45, netguzzler wrote:

I'm hoping they didn't spell sleight like that on the actual release...

What do you expect, it's MAGIC MAKERS.
magic777
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of magic777
I suppose you categorise into clockwise and anticlockwise rotations of the packets. For the left hand deck grip, most seem to be clockwise.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Different Passes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL