The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Color Changing Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Can anyone help me out with a move. I am learning the color changing deck routine. I know there is a card move where you "wipe" your hand over the top of the deck to switch the top card so it visibly changes. Does anyone know the name of the card move and what book or video I may be able to learn it from?
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Erdnase color change? Any Jay Sankey DVD or Born to Perform Oz Pearlman (just to name a few of many DVDs out there).
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
I learned it from the "Daryl" series
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
It might even be in Erdnase's book Smile
Paul
magic777
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of magic777
It is indeed in Erdnase's book under two handed card transformations. And since the copyright has expired long ago, you can legally download the Expert at the Card Table pdf for free, or small cost, from various places on the internet.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
There are a number of color changes that could fit your description. Along with the suggestions given above, try Edwar Victors books and the "Card Manipulations" and "More Card Manipulations" series' by Hugard
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2007-05-11 22:37, magic777 wrote:
you can legally download the Expert at the Card Table pdf for free, or small cost, from various places on the internet.

ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had to get that off my chest. Sorry.

Love and paper,
Jeff
Mike.Shots
View Profile
Regular user
Terrell
199 Posts

Profile of Mike.Shots
Quote:
On 2007-05-12 05:01, stoneunhinged wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-05-11 22:37, magic777 wrote:
you can legally download the Expert at the Card Table pdf for free, or small cost, from various places on the internet.

ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had to get that off my chest. Sorry.

Love and paper,
Jeff

I don't understand why you're so upset. I would think that most experienced magicians would be a hundred percent behind anything that might actually get Expert in the hands of young magicians. It sounds like you're upset because they can download it for free, but I would much rather a young magician download a copy of Erdnase for free, than spend his or her money on some third rate DVD. Would it make that much of a difference if they went out and bought the Dover edition for four bucks at Borders anyway?

Aside from that, it's perfectly legal, as the book has been in public domain for quite some time.

I would be completely behind anyone who is serious about learning sleight of hand with cards downloading a copy of Erdnase for free, and I hope there is at least one person who feels the same way.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
Aside from that, it's perfectly legal, as the book has been in public domain for quite some time.

Legal = good and wonderful and ethical and moral and "We are the world, we are the children..." etc.

And I'm not particularly upset. I just want you to think.

Love and horses,
Jeff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Color Changing Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL