The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » TLR Late Again » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Skip I second that TLR is not big deal for me the general info is typically two months behind anyway. I too have many other things to enjoy in our brotherhood. I missed coming down this spring but the health was not yet good enough too make the gig down there.

The answers to dave V's subliminal message is:
Believe you then that I do strange things
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7385 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I'll stand behind Sammy as I am sure these problems will quickly iron themselves out. Unless you have worked in the publishing business and with magicians (who are by nature very independent characters), you can't imagine what he is dealing with.

When I worked newspaper, we had similar deadline troubles sometimes with coaches getting information and photos scheduled for the seasonal sports suppliments.

Give it a rest guys.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
Whatever happens, it will arrive. That's for sure. If not, just contact Sindie Richison and she'll take care of it. Well, Darleen took care of my problems back then.

The only disadvantage I have when getting the LR late, is not getting all the discounts for the month from the different Magic suppliers. Example was, when IMS sold their DVD sets at a low price, it had a deadline and got my LR past the deadline.
munkywrench
View Profile
Loyal user
Conway, SC
295 Posts

Profile of munkywrench
Sorry about the discounts but I will PM you this issue when I get it next month.LOL
Family Biz. https://www.facebook.com/dreamweaverconway/
Disciple of the Close-Up Kinda Guy PH.
Balloon Blast Video Show junkie.
Supporter of http://www.myrtlebeachmagician.com/
Retired Demo Dude
IBM #334 supporter
Dynomite Magic
View Profile
New user
Grand Rapids, MI
40 Posts

Profile of Dynomite Magic
-May 19-
I renewed my membership in April, so I thought that maybe I was recieving TLR late because of that. I almost contacted the IBM to see if they forgot to add me back on the list of renewed members to receive The Linking Ring. An insert in the May Issue is nice, but a mass email to all of the members at the beginning of the month would have been much nicer. I'm sure the receptionists "love" the phone calls, "Hi, where's my magizine?"
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1069 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Bairefoot from Myrtle Beach SC. Still have not got mine.

Bairefoot
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I received my May issue today...and well worth the wait.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
That is nice that you did, but what about the rest of us who have not received their issue. And Yes our mail has ran today. Must be nice to get TLR before anybody else. How about it IBM'ers did you receive your copy today?

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5119 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Is getting the linking ring the only reason for being a member of IBM? So the magazine is a little late. What's the big deal? The mag consists of advertising, teaching, stories and ring reports. All of these are the same whether you get it on the 4th or the 14th of the month. I personally don't sit by my mailbox at the beginning of the month waiting for a reason to condemn the IBM. Things happen and sometimes those things take more than a month to resolve.

It's not worth giving up my 42 years of membership because I can't read the Linking Ring at the beginning of the month and I really don't think any other members will leave because of it either.

Nowhere in the publication does it say that it will be mailed on a certain date. Because it happens that in most cases it's done at the beginning of the month, doesn't mean it has to be done at that time. If it were promised at a certain time, then this would be a differnt story but since it isn't, it's time to give this topic a rest.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » TLR Late Again » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL