The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Converter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1077 Posts

Profile of taller8
I saw Converter on Hanks Hot list. It looks like WOW's little brother. Any comments?

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php......p;page=1

Check out the Quicktime video.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
I believe there is already a thread on this effect (even though it is only like 2 post long). I just ordered this effect from Hocus Pocus 2 days ago, and will let you know my thoughts on it once I receive it.

Take care

Paul
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
The Converter is a very nice effect and does just what you see on the video demo. The effect requires very little skill as the gimmick pretty much does all the work for you. There were a couple sleight-of-hand methods to accomplish this effect, however none of them that I've experimented with are as direct or look magical as does this effect.

Now, for the silly questions. Yes, the changed card can be examined. No, the deck cannot unless you want to cop off a gimmick which is as thin as can be for the method used.

As magical as it is, I think the effect would do really well as part of a routine (the revelation of a card, appearance of an Ace, etc.) Like WOW, it is a great trick, but better when not used as a standalone effect.

You might also check out Tim Star's version of pretty much the same effect. It is called Push Thru 2. Tim's approach uses just three cards, the middle one in between and perpendicular to the other two, rather than the entire pack. Tim's uses a different gimmick and takes a little more set-up.

You might also check out Kreis Magic's (creator of Converter,) Elevator. It seems to have been a sleeper because it is a killer effect. If you like Gaeton Bloom's Escalator you'll probably like Elevator even more because it is angle-free. Not quite the same effect, but equally as visual. I perform them both and recommend them highly for real world work.
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1446 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Is the gaff made of just card stock or some plastic longer lasting material?
Blondin
View Profile
New user
Oxford, England
61 Posts

Profile of Blondin
The gaff is made from card stock but is suitably robust.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Converter (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL