The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Who's your favorite female magician? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
smagic
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of smagic
Who is you favorite female magician?

I think that Juliana Chin is my favorite female magician. Her card manipulation is incredible!
Beth
View Profile
Loyal user
Missouri
277 Posts

Profile of Beth
Well I would pick Tina Lenert and Luna Shemada. Okay I know you said one but they are both great! Smile Oh BTW I love Tina Lenert doing her bit as the cleaning lady. It has always been my favorite. Anyway I saw they had the video on youtube now for anyone who wants to see it. Now THAT'S magical!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eISlHm1TN7A

Beth
"All creative art is magic, is evocation of the unseen in forms persuasive,enlightening, familar, and surprising."
Tom Riddle
View Profile
Special user
Chelsea, UK
507 Posts

Profile of Tom Riddle
I knew Dell O'Dell many years ago. My wife and I knew her and although we watched her perform many times her famous magic act we never got tired of it!
"Yes, Virginia, there really are people named Riddle...isn't that AMAZING! And to think of all the royalties I'm missing out on! SCANDALOUS!"

Thomas Williamson Riddle III
Chelsea, UK
Beth
View Profile
Loyal user
Missouri
277 Posts

Profile of Beth
I am so interested in Dell O Dell Mr Riddle. Would love to hear any stories you have to tell about this great lady of magic. I would have loved to have seen her perform. I have read a great deal about her and really believe she is less known than she should be.

There is a photo of Dell O'Dell. It has Bill Neff, Anne Karson in it also. There are four other ppl in it. No one seems sure who they are. I think two of them are Suzy Wandas and her husband Zina Bennet. Would you like to look at the photo and see if you recognize anyone? I would love for someone to idenify all the people in the photo.
Peace Beth
"All creative art is magic, is evocation of the unseen in forms persuasive,enlightening, familar, and surprising."
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
All the ladies that have been talked about so far deserve to be recognized. I would like to throw another name into the hat Celeste Evans. She was a trailblazer in the field of women in magic.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Well, the only female magician I've seen live is "Melinda, the First Lady of Magic", and I can tell you two things I learned from watching her act:

(1) She ain't first in magic, and

(2) She ain't a lady. Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
TheGreatNancini
View Profile
Veteran user
Ohio
373 Posts

Profile of TheGreatNancini
Several names come to mind, but I believe the one I have enjoyed the most is Priscilla Kong of the Lawrence & Priscilla father daughter duo from Singapore! She is an extremely talented young lady!
-- Nancilee N. Jones --
Website | Facebook | Twitter
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
No votes for the Showgirls of Magic, then...? Smile
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Don't forget Joycee Beck, who handles a deck of cards seamlessly, and was even recognized as extremely skilled by the Professor himself, Dai Vernon!

You can view her photos and a couple of performance videos at her website, at:
http://www.noonco.com/duchess/

Her smile, personality and snappy wit accompany her manual dexterity beautifully!

Arnon
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
Quote:
On 2007-05-14 09:58, smagic wrote:
Who is you favorite female magician?

I think that Juliana Chin is my favorite female magician. Her card manipulation is incredible!

Chen, not Chin.
We're not related.

Dianna Zimmerman.

When I was 4 and we were on the World's Greatest Magic tour, I would really love watching her perform from wings.

I think the Gold Record was what got me hooked.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Autumn Morningstar is quickly becoming my favorite woman magician. Here's why:

http://www.angelfire.com/celeb/magicmorningstar/ams.html
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Thank you, Spellbinder. I am overwhelmed!
Autumn
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
I'd go with Celeste, but mostly because I still can't figure out where she hid all of those doves. We have so many excellent female magicians these days and the number is growing. The new president of the SAM is a very talented female magician. Come back and look at this post in 10 years and see how many of the ladies currently on the forum are among the great stars of magic, I think you would probably be surprised at their high percentage of representation. Magic is definitely no longer a "guy" thing.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Merlina
View Profile
Veteran user
Maria Ibanez
367 Posts

Profile of Merlina
Photius, thank you for your kind words and reference to my magic....
"The new president of the SAM is a very talented female magician."

There are many great female magicians so at least for me it would be difficult to pick just one out.

Keep a dream in the making
Maria Ibanez
National President
Society of American Magicians
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Quote:
On 2007-07-16 13:23, photius wrote:
Magic is definitely no longer a "guy" thing.

thank god!!! to be really honest I have never seen a female perform only on the t.v or computer, shows I have attended have been 100% male performers and this is in los angeles... I wonder if any of the ladies here have ever performed at the magic castle?
I do like Autumn Morning Stars video on her site. I love magic that is themed and has good charecter development and it is obvious that a lot of original thought has gone into her show. I would be interested in viewing other videos if anyone would start a thread so y'all could list them...
As I have stated before womens magic is very underdeveloped and I see alotalotalota potentiality in this field, there is a treasure trove of charecters and routines that only women can perform and I look forward to following the progress of all of you over the years...
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
What about Jade.(www.magicjade.com) She is the best. Then again I am a little biast.

-Matt
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
Autumn. ^^ Celeste. Jade.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Just think two of the three large US based magic organizations, IBM, SAM, and Academy of Magical Arts are currently headed by women. Maria Ibanez, National President of the Society of American Magicians; and Gay Blackstone , president, Academy of Magical Arts. Now talk about women making a mark in magic and having an influence!
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Dell O'Dell was brilliant. I quite like Lisa Menna. She's smart and talented.

- entity
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
You guys ever heard of Billy Kid?

Check her out!

I believe you can find her on Gazzo's website http://www.gazzoshow.com

I think her site is http://www.billykidshow.com
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Who's your favorite female magician? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL